Beware of Poachers and Look at the Little Gorillas! 3 trips in 1. NEW TR started 8/31/19**

I am still looking for decent airfare at the end of March because I need that trip! I don’t think I can wait unti May! I will keep you all updated on my plans if I am able to swing a trip in March.
Mid March is even better!!! It is another storm day here and I am sick :(. PJs, tea and the Dis are my friends today.

We didn’t rush to much this morning. I was up and ready first and headed to the Mara for coffee and cream cheese Danishes. I took everyone’s coffee order and returned with fresh “okay” coffee and 2 danishes. We enjoyed the view and had our nutritious breakfast. We did not see much outside at this time, a few large birds.
I really liked the Mara coffee. And youvcan't go wrong with a Disney danish!!!

Anyways, Andi is not ever going to have a Northern Minnesota accent because she hates it and speaks 2 other languages beautifully so she is constantly correcting me! She has become the mother now, haha! I hope none of you wonderful ladies will make fun of me in May!:chat: Okay now that I have lost some of you, on with the show!!
Hah! The boys do the same to me when I say something in a PEI accent.

We decided to do TSM next, the wait said 30 minutes. It was exactly 35 minutes for the whole experience, so not to bad. We enjoyed the walk through. So many fun details and Mr. Potato Head is so funny. I rode by myself and did fair! Andi got best in vehicle so that was nice.
I am doing TSM by myself in March, hope I do ok.

I want to add, again, I called mousekeeping before we left and requested mid morning cleanings each day and once again this is what we got. We did not get any surprise security checks. I strongly suggest doing this to all of you reading along so the security checks won’t hinder your stay!!
Good idea!

Front of the park and the sun made an appearance.
Nice picture!

Honestly even a split stay in one of the values to me is more worth it than those early morning flights!

Love all of the TSL and Incredibles pictures!
I am researching this for our summer trip, I think it would be nice to not feel so rushed the first day!

TSL truly makes me feel like a little kid!

I'm sorry winter has been so brutal! Stay warm :(

Sounds like a good morning at DHS! Sometimes it's nice to take it slower! Love all the photos :)
Our winter has been kicking us this February, wow! We have a new 20+ inches of snow since I returned from Florida!

We did have a nice time in HS, not rushing and just enjoying the sites and sounds and a few attractions!

I feel your pain. It's been very cold here too. Although over the last few weeks we've had this freeze-thaw cycle where the temperature warms up - which is nice - but then the snow partly melts and we get rain, which then re-freezes and makes everything icy. Not fun.
We initially had warm temps and then it would freeze with ice everywhere, now it is all snow, which is better than ice for sure! 20+ inches of snow in 2 weeks is just to much for even this northern girl!

I was a little nervous about Slinky Dog before I rode. I think it's because it's an open coaster and you walk under it, so it seems very high. I wonder if something like BTMRR was exposed, would it seem high too?
Yes! I think the look scared her and she didn’t like how rough BTMRR was and it threw her off, not literally, lol!.

I see what you did there
How could you not, right? Lol!

Good tip. I had never thought about doing that. I will have to keep it in mind.
I hear so many people complaining on here about the checks and actually deciding not to go to WDW any more because of it. We have never had any problems by simply calling ahead of time!

Cute TSL pictures! I love the popsicle wall! I didn't manage to get any pictures of it because DH didn't know it was a thing and was always rushing off to the next ride!
Anh Thank you, Andi has to have pictures with all the walls! I would normally just hurry on through as well, lol!

I can only imagine how bad your weather is Caroline...….we complain about ours, but it`s nothing to what you guys get!!! Hope it improves soon...….

Your pictures are lovely as always...…so, is the popsicle wall a similar idea to the purple wall???

You get your picture taken in front of it...….I did like the purple one!!!
We have been getting all our winter in the last 2 weeks, It was sunny today, yay!
Yes the popsicle wall is another Instagram wall, all young adults love the wall craze, I go along with it for Andi, she likes to get pictures at all the walls every trip! Of course, purple being my favorite color, the purple wall is my favorite, I know purple is your favorite color too, yay!!

Caroline, I've thought about you many times this winter! It's been bad enough here in NY :sad: Here's hoping for an early spring! ::yes::
It has been brutal, we got 20” of snow in about one weeks time, ugh! I sure hope spring comes early. It was sunny today and I loved it, I don’t think the sun has been out for a week!

YAY!!!! Fingers crossed that works out
I’m hoping we can swing it. The flights are ridiculously expensive!

I LOVE regional dialects! Can't wait to meet and hear for myself someday (soon hopefully!) ;)
It is fun to hear all the different accents people have! I sure hope we get to meet soon! I’m still secretly hoping you make a trip in later August!

LOL, I'm originally from Illinois but have lived in the south for most of my life, however occasionally that northern accent/pronunciation slips out and hubby or the kids will call me out on it.
It is funny, my dd loves to call me out on some of my pronunciations. I love the way Southern’s sound! The words just flow.

Mid March is even better!!! It is another storm day here and I am sick :(. PJs, tea and the Dis are my friends today.
March has always been lovely weather wise when we have been. So sorry you are under the weather, feel better soon!

I really liked the Mara coffee. And youvcan't go wrong with a Disney danish!!!
I liked it, I just thought it may have been sitting for awhile when I poured it, overall just fine and the danish are so good!

Hah! The boys do the same to me when I say something in a PEI accent.
Andi loves to point out my pronunciations, I just let her know there are many ways to pronounce certain words, lol!

I am doing TSM by myself in March, hope I do ok.
You will do awesome, it is such a fun ride. The sb line is fun now with all the little details. I found a couple hidden Mickey’s and I know you enjoy that.

Good idea!
This really does work, I have read on here that people actually won’t go back to WDW because of the security checks and this little tip works so well.

Nice picture!
Thank you! The few days we saw the sun it was so wonderful!

It has been brutal, we got 20” of snow in about one weeks time, ugh!
:scared1: We've had nothing near that in my part of NY... and it's been bad enough with what we've had. :faint:

I sure hope we get to meet soon! I’m still secretly hoping you make a trip in later August!
I hope so too! It's looking more and more like a possibility for late August! Remind me of your dates again... ;)

I hope so too! It's looking more and more like a possibility for late August! Remind me of your dates again... ;)
I sure hope a trip is in your future!! Our dates are 8/17-8/26. Right now we have a split stay with the first 4 nights at YC and 5 nights at GF!

I am trying to be positive but our winter has really been a crap fest since I returned from Florida! We had brutally cold weather and this past week we have received another 14 inches of snow! I really could just cry! I do not see any warmer weather days in our future so yeah it stinks!!

Ugh, I'm so sorry. Ours is terrible, but not half as bad as yours. More and more I wonder why the heck I live in this cold climate :cold:

Andi and I went on with the FP and we had very little wait, it was so fun! We saw D from the ride and waved to her. Andi went again with D’s FP. I really find this coaster so smooth and enjoyable. I could see riding it over and over. I think the EMM for TSL would be fun if you can get multiple rides on this!
img_feb102019at104548am-jpg.381556

It's so much fun! I hope my mom loves SDD when we go in April. We are doing EMM specifically for this reason. If she hates it, it'll kind of be a bust!

Andi’s second ride on RnRc, she was into the tongue out this trip, ugh!
img_feb102019at105648am-jpg.381574

Haha, cute! I'm surprised she keeps her glasses on on RnRC. I always take mine off because I'm afraid they'll fly off my face.

That lady next to her though :rotfl:

Day 2, Part 2. “Wow that is a lot of crab legs!”

We made the mile trek back to the bus stations at DHS and headed back to AKL for a nice little rest.
The giraffes were outside of our deck, we spent time watching them. There was a lighter colored one, a darker colored one, and a little one. The little one always followed the larger dark one around. I would believe that was the mother. It was so fun to watch them interact. They would eat some and also lay down. Watching them lay down was so neat. Those long legs make it a challenge for them.
IMG_Feb142019at85428AM.jpg
IMG_Feb142019at85331AM.jpg
It was warm enough for the hot tub, not the pool for us. D and I spent some time in the hot tub and it was wonderful. I didn’t take any pictures, I left my phone in the room. Andi won’t go in any “public” pool or hot tub, she chilled in the room. We spent several hours at the resort before we decided to head to Epcot.

We didn’t have to wait very long for a bus and got to Epcot. The security lines this trip were so long. Epcot was the worst. I have noticed an increase wait in security over the last few trips. I am not sure what it is other than very annoying! I bought this new waist pocket thing and I am using it next several trips. I really only need Andi’s epi-pen and my AP/Photo ID. I want to skip the security bag check lines from now on.

We entered the park and had a few pictures taken, how can you not? This is the only magic shot we got the whole trip, sad!!
IMG_Feb142019at85457AM.jpg

We had to stop and take some Bubblegum Wall photos of Andi, she needed to post these of course to her Instagram.
IMG_Feb142019at85536AM.jpg
It was time for our Soarin FP, we made it over and walked all the way to the second CM and then we waited and waited! I started to get nervous about our ADR time at Cape May. We had to walk over there and it looked like we would definitely be late. I decided not to worry and just enjoy the ride. I do believe our wait was probably 30 minutes in the FP line, boo! We got concourse A and a little distortion noted, however, still fun!

Andi had decided in the Soarin line to skip Cape May, she would have probably only had macaroni and cheese and cheese pizza. With the cost of $50.00 a person, she would have eaten about $5.00 worth. She was going to walk around the WS and eat in Mexico.

D and I headed to BC, we were about 20 minutes late, the CM was very nice and said no problem. We adjusted the reservation to 2 as well. We were seated within 10 minutes. Some of you, who read my reports, know Andi and I usually get the smallest table crammed up against something, well D and I got the biggest booth right by the buffet. We looked at each other and giggled. This could easily seat 4-6 people. The booth was so big, I felt so small in it, this was actually a little uncomfortable for me! I barely could reach the table portion in the booth, lol! We ordered some Diet Coke and headed to the buffet.

I love clam strips and this was clam night! They had clams in the shell and fried clam strips. I loved both! The fried clam strips and cod nuggets were my favorite. I tried a little of everything except the red meat entree’s. I just wanted seafood this evening. My sister also tried a little of everything and really enjoyed her dinner. We were watching people with the clams, mussels, and crab legs and wow do people load up on these. We got the giggles and we would repeat wow that is a lot of crab legs! I do not like working to get a tiny piece of crab out so I only tried one. We had colossal king crab legs at Christmas from Alaska and it is so hard to go back to eating snow crab.
Lackluster pictures next, the buffet was much better than my food pictures
IMG_Feb142019at85653AM.jpg
IMG_Feb142019at85607AM.jpg
We had a sampling of desserts to end our meal and of course we got the hot towels and I immediately thought of @ariane37 son, Chris, and how he loves his warm moist towel, lol! Our meal was very enjoyable, we had a very nice waitress and this meal got 2 thumbs up for food, variety, and service!
IMG_Feb142019at85736AM.jpg
IMG_Feb142019at90232AM.jpg
IMG_Feb142019at85826AM.jpg
Meanwhile back in Epcot, Andi was eating cheese empanadas with chips and guacamole, she enjoyed this. She didn’t share a picture with me so no evidence, haha! Andi decided to leave Epcot before we returned. Stay tuned in the next post for a wrap up of Epcot evening and food totals for the two days so far.
upload_2019-2-14_9-10-42.gif

Sounds like a great rest of the day!!

I feel like when DH and I stayed at AKL I could have stayed in my room on my balcony all day, my favorite was waking up and saying hello to all of our animal friends!

Even though it was cold out at least you still had the hot tub to enjoy!!

I will definitely have to try Cape May! I think DH and I are going to go with Flying Fish for our trip in September but we will definitely do Cape May at some point!!

I forgot to mention Happy Valentines Day to Everyone!
upload_2019-2-14_9-56-29.gif
D and I left Cape May very happy and worked our way back to Epcot. Once in the WS, I noticed a lantern photo with Tinkerbell in the lantern. We jumped in line to do this. The line was short except there was a family on the path and they were having their own photo shoot. They were oblivious that they were blocking the pp shots. We waited for the family to get their photos! I always like a new photo op!
IMG_Feb142019at95156AM.jpg
IMG_Feb142019at95221AM.jpg
We spent some time in the UK area before moving on. I noticed another photo op for Festival of Arts. My sister was a sport and did the pictures with me. She does not like stopping for pictures. I thought this was cute, we were a mermaid on the one side and a Pirate on the other.
IMG_Feb142019at95307AM.jpg
IMG_Feb142019at95245AM.jpg
Both D and I love Spaceship Earth, we decided to take a ride. The sb wait was not bad, less than 10 minutes. We loved our travel through time. D had fun with the end part. She had forgot about this and our pictures were actually working.
IMG_Feb142019at95332AM.jpg
IMG_Feb142019at95353AM.jpg
IMG_Feb142019at95416AM.jpg
We decided to head out of the park after SE. I got a few pictures on the way out. There was not a pp cm at the front of the park like usual, oh well hopefully next time. We had a nice laid back evening at Epcot and dinner. We got to the bus stop and a bus was there, yay! We did not stay for Illuminations so we were ahead of the crowds leaving the park.
IMG_Feb142019at95437AM.jpg
IMG_Feb142019at95505AM.jpg
Spending totals for Day 1
Pecos Bills=$32.67
Aloha Isle=$12.76
The Mara=$20.23 Andi’s zillion refillable mug!
Water at Gift Shop=$3.59
Total=$69.25

Spending totals for Day 2
The Mara=$8.50
Pretzel Palooza=$14.00
Popcorn Cart=$5.00
EC La Cantina=$16.59
Cape May=$117.69
Total=$161.78

Stay tuned for Day 3, Part 1. “Yummy Pizza on a whim”

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter