Beware of Poachers and Look at the Little Gorillas! 3 trips in 1. NEW TR started 8/31/19**

This was the only disappointment of this trip. however, on the bright side, then Ale and Compass wouldn't have happened and it was a highlight of the trip! It was so relaxing just eating, drinking, and laughing!
I know!! I was really looking forward to watching from a boat, it would have been a great viewing advantage! It was fun hanging at the YC with everyone! I would eat at Ale and Compass after trying the snacks you ladies had, yummy!

Woohoo!! Ready to read about the Epicness!! I love the way you covered highlights, by the way - it was fun to read!

The only negative for me was the handicapped accessible room. The room was fine, it just didn’t have 2 sinks and it had less space for toiletries because of the design. The door was a pain! It was on a timer and stayed open for what seemed like an eternity, :sad2:

OH MY GOSH. My mom and I had the HA room at the Polynesian and i hated it SO MUCH. The door! Ugh!! And the shower flooded the bathroom b/c of how it was set up for roll in.

Happy Mother’s Day to all you awesome moms out there!!
Andi came home yesterday and totally surprised me!

Yay, Andi!! What an awesome surprise!!

and a VIP pin.

We didn't get a pin, I'm jealous, lol

Kelly, Liesa, Karamie, and myself are all RN’s, we had to get a picture!
img_may122019at93057am-jpg.400178

RN squad! Saving lives, being awesome, loving Disney!!

I love, love, LOVE this Minnie dress. She's so pretty. I'm glad you got to meet her in this outfit

My two roommates were the rebel spy:rotfl:Part of each of their faces was on the screen:bitelip:

that is hilarious!

@Lesley Wake the print on your shorts is so cute!

This is so moody and amazing. I think this is my favorite ride photo

I was also able to watch FoF on my own. This was my last full day at WDW and it was just perfect. I had a prime spot on Mainstreet so enjoyed watching this parade and waving like a giddy little girl at all the characters! This was such a pleasant surprise for me since I wasn’t planning on even seeing the parade this trip!

You really had a great spot, your pictures were good. I loved how up close and personal you got with Jiminy Cricket!

This was such a fun rundown of the Epic trip, I love how it was all laid out. I'm sad I wasn't able to come, but I think you ladies might have had to rent a stroller for me if I did go, you guys did a lot of stuff!!

Thank you for sharing, I always love your reports :lovestruc

OH MY GOSH. My mom and I had the HA room at the Polynesian and i hated it SO MUCH. The door! Ugh!! And the shower flooded the bathroom b/c of how it was set up for roll in.
Luckily we did have a proper tub, it was just a single room with everything. And a lot of unused space between the sink and the toilet!
@Lesley Wake the print on your shorts is so cute
Thanks! It coordinated better with the shirt I wore in the afternoon at F&G. I didn’t really like the combo of this shirt and shorts after looking at the photos!

that is hilarious!
Haha, yeah-I’m friends with a Star Tours CM (which is how we got everyone in together even though some didn’t have FPs). I ended up on a wall seat and I guess those aren’t the best for photos, so he used what he could get! It was pretty funny!

Hi Jenn, thanks for joining in! I was just singing your praises for the wonderful gifts!
It was nice to spend the day with Andi yesterday!
The VIP tour was awesome sorry it didn’t work for you to be there, however, I do know you had some pixie dust this trip!
I agree about the CG brunch, so delicious I’m glad you sprinted over:rotfl:
It was fun riding Buzz and PM with you! Here is our picture
View attachment 400521

We were serious gamers:rotfl2:

Aww, you two look like such pros! LOL!!

Such a fine group of young ladies!!! Sorry I had to miss that day!

This ride photo still makes me giggle!

10. Greatful and Thankful!! My love of Disney is lost on all my friends and most of my family, except Andi, so getting this opportunity was amazing!! I have to thank @MeghanEmily for mentioning my name when this all came about! She included me in the messaging and it was wonderful! With my baby girl, off at college, I knew my Disney love would be mainly on the Dis boards now. This site is such a wonderful place to converse with such awesome people and in my case do Disney with them!! I met some very kind, friendly, funny, and party loving people and I am so grateful and thankful!! I received some very nice gifts and was so appreciative for the acts of kindness!! Here are my gifts!

It was such a lovely time getting to know so many new friends and I am in the same boat.... no one really gets it, so I am left with my DISFamily to enjoy it all with.

:hug:

I recognize those photos!! ;)

Yes, I would hope we don’t get one of these rooms again, not a fan!

RN squad! Saving lives, being awesome, loving Disney!!
Haha! It was fun to meet more nurses on the trip! We nurses love Disney, let’s us get away from the job!!
I love, love, LOVE this Minnie dress. She's so pretty. I'm glad you got to meet her in this outfit
Minnie was so cute in her garden party outfit, waiting the hour was worth it. It was storming outside and this made the wait worth it, plus visiting with some of my new friends!

This is so moody and amazing. I think this is my favorite ride photo
We have shared some hilarious HM photos so far in our group, they make me laugh
You really had a great spot, your pictures were good. I loved how up close and personal you got with Jiminy Cricket!

This was such a fun rundown of the Epic trip, I love how it was all laid out. I'm sad I wasn't able to come, but I think you ladies might have had to rent a stroller for me if I did go, you guys did a lot of stuff!!

Thank you for sharing, I always love your reports
The FoF spot was so wonderful! I did get about 50 pictures! This was totally unexpected and I was glad I came into MK at just the right time!
Thanks so much for reading and commenting on my looong thread!!

Haha, yeah-I’m friends with a Star Tours CM (which is how we got everyone in together even though some didn’t have FPs). I ended up on a wall seat and I guess those aren’t the best for photos, so he used what he could get! It was pretty funny!
That was so nice of your friend to get us all in to ST, the picture was just perfect!

Aww, you two look like such pros! LOL!!
Hi Liesa, thanks for reading!!
Buzz photos are so funny, not quite as funny as the new HM ones, these really crack me up!

Such a fine group of young ladies!!! Sorry I had to miss that day!
It was fun to check out SW day even though I didn’t do much SW related

It was such a lovely time getting to know so many new friends and I am in the same boat.... no one really gets it, so I am left with my DISFamily to enjoy it all with.

:hug:

I recognize those photos!! ;)

I had so much fun meeting you and spending time with you, you really made me laugh so many times haha!!
It was wonderful to meet so many of you in person! It is wonderful knowing so many others love Disney as much as I do!! It really is hard to explain to most isn’t it?
I will be reading your TR now and adding my two cents:scratchin

It was really great finally meeting you Caroline! That day on May the 4th was a dud too I though there would be better merchandise. I did buy a few things but mostly as gifts none to keep myself. But thankful we all got to hang out with each other that day which just made it so fun. Lunch at Sci Fi was so funny. That picture of Lesley sleeping is priceless. And our Slinky Dog ride was like VIP Tour part 2 hehe.

This was the only disappointment of this trip. however, on the bright side, then Ale and Compass wouldn't have happened and it was a highlight of the trip! It was so relaxing just eating, drinking, and laughing!

Exactly this! While I was bummed to not be able to watch Illuminations from the cruise I think our evening at Ale and Compass was just so much fun on its own and it’s evenings like this which are unplanned and just ended up being a great story!

Hi Liesa, thanks for reading!!
Buzz photos are so funny, not quite as funny as the new HM ones, these really crack me up!

I haven't even looked at my PP or ride photos yet. I almost afraid to! LOL!

It was fun to check out SW day even though I didn’t do much SW related

I was happy to wait to see it all in September when I'm there with my kids who are WAY more into it than myself. I enjoy the franchise but am certainly not fanatical.

I had so much fun meeting you and spending time with you, you really made me laugh so many times haha!!
It was wonderful to meet so many of you in person! It is wonderful knowing so many others love Disney as much as I do!! It really is hard to explain to most isn’t it?
I will be reading your TR now and adding my two cents:scratchin

We did laugh a lot. And I'm sure there are loads more stories in all of our reports that will give us opportunity to laugh all over again. :)

No, it just either goes over their heads or gets scoffed at. Such a shame that such a wholesome, fun place to go and spend time is lost on so many.

It was really great finally meeting you Caroline! That day on May the 4th was a dud too I though there would be better merchandise. I did buy a few things but mostly as gifts none to keep myself. But thankful we all got to hang out with each other that day which just made it so fun. Lunch at Sci Fi was so funny. That picture of Lesley sleeping is priceless. And our Slinky Dog ride was like VIP Tour part 2 hehe.

Exactly this! While I was bummed to not be able to watch Illuminations from the cruise I think our evening at Ale and Compass was just so much fun on its own and it’s evenings like this which are unplanned and just ended up being a great story!
You also! I have read all your reports and it was wonderful meeting you, Steve, and Su-Queen in person! You all are as nice as you come across in your reports!! I can really see your love for Disney in your reports and now in person!
Thank you for working with Lesley on all the details of this trip!
The Sci-Fi is one of my favorite places to eat and relax! We had some entertainment from your sister and Lesley, way better than the 50 foot woman:rotfl:
It was fun at Ale and Compass, I think I will be stopping in there on our August trip!
Thanks for saying hi on my thread!!

I haven't even looked at my PP or ride photos yet. I almost afraid to! LOL!
I didn’t get all mine this time around but some of the ones I did, I will not post, yikes I might scare the kids:rotfl:

I was happy to wait to see it all in September when I'm there with my kids who are WAY more into it than myself. I enjoy the franchise but am certainly not fanatical.
My son loves SW, It is a way for me to get him down to Disney! We will wait until next summer then hopefully Jack will come!
We did laugh a lot. And I'm sure there are loads more stories in all of our reports that will give us opportunity to laugh all over again. :)

No, it just either goes over their heads or gets scoffed at. Such a shame that such a wholesome, fun place to go and spend time is lost on so many.
I agree, I hope we can have another trip to Disney and spend time together. I’m glad I found a fun Disney lover to maybe travel with in the future, yay! :cheer2:

I loved getting to meet you, and I hope we can meet up at the parks again sometime!!

What a sweet photo!

Oooh you got a really good one!

, I rode next to Jenny and it was her first time on FoP, she loved it even though she was scared out of her mind:scared1:

That was so funny! Her reactions were priceless!

Aww, love it!

Mmm this looks way better than the lemon pancakes I had!

LOVE. Tea was so wonderful, I hope Andi will go with you!

My two roommates were the rebel spy:rotfl:Part of each of their faces was on the screen

So jealous!

Happy Mother’s Day to all you awesome moms out there!!

Boy! Am I behind, but Happy Mother's Day, Caroline!

Andi came home yesterday and totally surprised me!

So sweet!

My husband has his annual opening fishing trip with his buddies

On Mother's Day?? :rotfl:

I told her all about the Epic trip, she was a little jealous :laughing:

I'm sure! We would have loved to have her there, I'm guessing the timing wasn't great for school?

First we watched The Blue Angels fly over Spaceship Earth, oh my this was amazing!!
img_may122019at92940am-jpg.400179

That was way more awesome than I expected ::yes::

Kelly, Liesa, Karamie, and myself are all RN’s, we had to get a picture!
img_may122019at93057am-jpg.400178

I love this :love:

The area for watching the show was perfect, we were front and center and everyone actually sat down, yay! The new Wonderful World of Animation before the SW fireworks was awesome! It covered every Disney movie with projections on the Chinese Theatre! I loved this party and would do again! I agree with Arianna that this is better than the HEA dessert party!

I'm actually sad I didn't do this with you guys. I'll have to go back and see what I did instead :confused3

7. New restaurants and a few old time favorites! I was lucky enough to eat at Ohana with many of our group. This was so fun, we had great conversations and yummy food. The noodles and potstickers are my favorite! The meats,this trip, fell a little short. The dessert was yummy!
Love your Lilo dress for Ohana! Too bad about the meats not being up to par this time. How did you like the new salad?

California Grill Brunch was Devine! The food was amazing and the view even more so! This is an expensive meal and it lived up to its hype and cost. I enjoyed everything I had. The self serve bar was amazing! My entree of blueberry pancakes with ricotta cream were so good. The blueberries were from a local farmer and so fresh and delicious. Our server was so attentive and didn’t let us want for anything! I was so happy to do this! I highly recommend.
So happy to hear this wonderful and positive review of CG brunch. It is making me look forward to eating there in July even more!

The Tea at The GF, I loved this, the company was super fun and the the finger sandwiches, sweets and tea were all wonderful! I tried the Zanzibar Chai Tea, I loved it. This was a suggestion from another Diser on here, @SweetSerenity. I elected the menu item which included the sandwiches, Tea, and dessert. There were other choices if you wanted a cheese platter, champagne and caviar. So glad I did this it was so fun!! Karilynn is friends with one of the chefs at GF and we got some home made chocolates as an added bonus, so nice!!
We are doing this in July as well! Glad you enjoyed it so much!

Andi is the pin collector and she doesn’t care for SW, so no pin for her! I did have fun hanging with Su-Lynn, Su-Queen, Billie, Sarah, Steve, Molly, Lesley, Ariana, and Jackie. We all did SDD and most of us went to Sci-Fi for lunch!
Sci-Fi lunch is always wonderful!

9. Park time with my new friends and a little solo time watching FoF.
Love the new HM ride photo!

I had so much fun park touring with my roommates and the other Epic Dis women! I was surprised how much our touring styles were very similar. I really enjoyed going on the rides with my new friends and just having such a fun time enjoying the parks. The parks are why we love WDW!!
I'm glad it was such a wonderful experience! I so wish I had have been able to be there!

10. Greatful and Thankful!! My love of Disney is lost on all my friends and most of my family, except Andi, so getting this opportunity was amazing!! I have to thank @MeghanEmily for mentioning my name when this all came about! She included me in the messaging and it was wonderful! With my baby girl, off at college, I knew my Disney love would be mainly on the Dis boards now. This site is such a wonderful place to converse with such awesome people and in my case do Disney with them!! I met some very kind, friendly, funny, and party loving people and I am so grateful and thankful!! I received some very nice gifts and was so appreciative for the acts of kindness!! Here are my gifts!
This is why it is great we all have each other. We totally get the Disney love!

Thanks again Everyone for reading and commenting, I so enjoy this pass time!! I will now enjoy all the other Epic reports and other TR’s on here. Stay tuned for my August plans coming soon!
I will miss you in August this year! Too bad I couldn't travel both in July and August!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter