Beverage Entitlement 2017?

SweaterInJune

Your Game Driver & Expert Safari Guide for the nex
Last time I had a dining plan, non-alcoholic specialty beverages were included. At a meal, instead of a soda, one could order a milkshake, smoothie, virgin cocktail, etc. Is this still the case, or are we limited to soda, coffee, tea, or milk? Thanks!

I think that's something that has always been hit or miss depending on the restaurant, and until the 2018 changes the plan documents have never really specified one way or the other so it is up for interpretation. All the DDP info says is "a single-serving non-alcoholic beverage", which seems like it should include a wider range of choices than soda/tea/coffee, but as with most things Disney it seems to depend on who you ask.

We've had shakes as our beverages at 50s Prime Time, but at Sci-Fi were told that they were desserts, not beverages. Every waitress we've ever had at California Grill offered the kids a "mocktail", but at another signature on the same trip, I think it was Narcoosees, I was charged for the virgin daiquiri DD ordered. And at quite a few restaurants, the non-alcoholic specialty offering on the kids' menu comes in a souvenir cup or with a light-up clip or something similar which generally renders it DDP ineligible.

In 2017 the non-alcoholic fountain beverage includes drinks such as soda, coffee, tea, iced tea, lemonade so you will have to ask at every restaurant if you see something else that you want. Some of the Disney owned restaurants will allow milkshakes, smoothies, specialty coffees or virgin cocktails, but most of the third party restaurants will not because they are reimbursed by Disney according to the rules of the dining plan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter