Better to wait a few days after app opens?

lenshanem

DIS Veteran
I've read many apps get stuck in submission if a lot of apps are submitted at the same time. So is it better to wait a few days after it opens? What's the general advice on this?

Thanks!

I waited a few days after apps dropped (I hadn't planned on applying at all for the Fall 2017 Season and only realized apps were open after looking out of curiosity). Personally, I do think it's better to wait a couple of days, as it allows their system to filter through that initial rush of applications submitted on the first day.

I've been worrying about this too. If I sent an application in the day applications dropped, is it definitely likely that it would get stuck in submission? I'm trying to remember how long I waited to apply last time but can't remember /:

My dd's experience....she applied around 5pm on the day apps first dropped. She had her web interview the same night, and an invitation to schedule her phone interview before she went to bed. She scheduled it for the following week. She had the interview, then she waited almost a month before she heard anything. I don't think there's any reason not to apply the first day.

This is super comforting b/c I doubt I'd be patient enough to wait those few days. It's killing me just waiting for apps to drop!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!