• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Better Late than Never - 2013 trip report

dgagnon519

DVC member AKL since 2009 and SSR since 2020
I will be honest, I have a Disney Itch. We are heading back in a little over 2 months. In planning our trip I came across the binder I used in planning our 2013 trip. I would love to add pictures and links, but I am not computer savvy. I will be listing by days, old fashioned way.

06/13/13

Our flight was to leave RI at 3:50, it was delayed and did not leave until 4:50 due to weather in other areas. The flight itself was uneventful and we landed in beautiful Orlando at 7:40.

We headed to Magical Express and got lost on the way. I have no sense of direction. This was to be a split stay trip and our first stop is Port Orleans Riverside. We arrived at 8:45, checked into a Royal Room standard view at 9:00. Our room was in the Oak Manor, Bldg 90 room 9269. It was very nice. The kids loved it. The detail was amazing. We would definitely stay there again.

We bought our refillable mugs and decided we were hungry so ate at Riverside Grill. The food there is very good. One of our favorite resort counter service. It was me, DD12, DS10, and DN 13. My son was not feeling that well because of the flight, so he didn't eat his food until later. The rest of us really enjoyed it. I recommend the make your own pasta station.

I had budgeted $95 for the evening and it came to $90. We were on a budget for this trip and I had to keep track of spending. I thought this might be helpful for some readers.

06/14/13

We would not be doing any parks today. We had planned to sleep in until 8:30, but everyone was up at 6:30. None of like to sleep in at Disney. We left the room and headed to DTD. We took a bus and had to wait 7 minutes for one. I went and bought the TIW card and we decided to do some shopping and buy churros.

We took the ferry over to PORFQ, I like the theming there. We decided to eat lunch at Sassagoula. Three of us had the shrimp po boy and liked it a lot. My son had spaghetti and meatballs, there was hardly any sauce with this.

We took the ferry back to POR. We decided to do some swimming and we also rented a surrey bike. The surrey bike was fun, but a lot of work. We ended up taking the ferry back to DTD. We cancelled our dinner reservation for Boatwrights and decided on Ghiradelli instead. The ice cream was so good. We will definitely head back there.

I had budgeted $270 for the day and we spent $269.

6/15/13

We are heading to MK today. We woke up at 6:30 and called to have our luggage transferred to our next resort. We headed out at 7:30. MK opened at 8:50.
These were of the days of the paper fast passes.
We grabbed fat passes for SM
Rode SM
Buzz
Astro
Monster Inc
Space w/fp
10:30am
Met Stitch
Buzz
White Rabbit
Barnstormer
FP for train
Plaza for lunch, we had a ressie for 12:10, went early. We were pleasantly surprised with the Plaza. It was tasty and fresh.
Splash
Pirates
BTMR
We got some dole whips and headed out at 2:30. We headed to BCV for our first stay there. Garden view. It would only be one night, since that is all that was available and we wanted to try pool.
There was constant storms and the pool was closed. We toured around the resort, but pool was still closed. We went for a walk to the boardwalk bakery and got some snacks to take to our room.
Dinner we headed to Boardwalk to go. It is all fried and heavy and wish we had not eaten there, but oh well. We headed back to BCV. The pool finally opened around 7. We went swimming and liked the pool, but the resort is not for us. We probably wouldn't stay there again over the other options. We headed back to MK at 9:15.
Met Tiana
HM
Enchanted Tales
Little Mermaid ride
Ariels Grotto
Dumbo
Barnstormer
We headed out at 11.
We ate our baked goods at 11:30. They were yummy, but not any better than our local bakeries.

I had budgeted $180 and we spent $145.

06/16/13

We got up at 7 and checked out of BCV. We headed to TL.
We got there at 8:35 and had to fix a ticket issue. We got everything done in 2 hours and headed to AKL to check in. We waited 30 min to get the bus.
We checked into AKL Value. AKL is our favorite resort. My sister flew in to meet us. We were having lunch at 1pm at RFC at AKL. It was fun in there. The kids liked it a lot. Our server was very good. We went back to resort and went swimming and some of us took a nap. We took showers and headed to dinner at Boma for 7:15. Our friends also flew in and were meeting us at Boma.
We did the night vision goggles. We took a bus to MK at 9:30 for EMH.
Stitch
Buzz
Monsters Inc
Space
Winnie
HM
PP
Pirates
Splash
This was our first time doing EMH and it was fun. We are looking forward to doing it again.

The budget for the day was $270 and we spent $250.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter