Better fireworks view: California Grill or Tomorrowland Terrace dessert party (terrace view)

Which view?

• California Grill

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Tomorrowland terrace

Votes: 14 73.7%

• Total voters

Hopingforpixiedust

Mouseketeer
Just like the title says! What do you think is the better view? Watching from the Tomorrowland terrace dessert party (not plaza garden) or watching from California Grill? Also, can you see any projections from either spot?

I've done both. Personally, I enjoyed them more from the Dessert Party, just based on the fireworks alone, not based on the dinner/food experience. For me, it was the immersion within the park that I enjoyed more than watching from above.

I've done both. Personally, I enjoyed them more from the Dessert Party, just based on the fireworks alone, not based on the dinner/food experience. For me, it was the immersion within the park that I enjoyed more than watching from above.

This is what I was thinking. Being in the park might make it more enjoyable. I've just heard bad things about the view from the Terrace.

I would take the view from CG any day! I have not watched from the terrace; rather I sat comfortably at my table (with a lovely cocktail!) watching the fireworks. Last trip we did both the garden viewing post party and a dinner at CG. Both are great for their own reasons, but I did miss my cocktail and climate control when I was in the garden. To each their own.

Cali Grill is really nice, but the projections are what makes HEA special. If you've seen the projections a bunch of times, then go for Cali Grill. if you've not seen the projections, or just seen it a few times, I would stick with seeing them in the park.

I’m the opposite. The farther away from the parks that I can be while still viewing the fireworks is the best for me.

Our actual favorite spot is to view them on a private fireworks cruise.

You can’t experience the full show from California Grill. If your only wanting to see the pyro then Cali is okay, however If this is your only night to see the show I wouldn’t watch it from there.

The roof of the terrace does cut off the highest fireworks a bit, and the projections are better if you are centered. But, there are no projections visible from CG. You would probably get a better view with the plaza viewing area, have you not considered that? If the concern is about being able to sit and see the fireworks, a number of the tables at California Grill require that you go out onto the balcony to watch the fireworks. We’ve seen a show from both places, and both are excellent, just with their own unique perspectives.

I've never watched it from the Cali Grill, but have watched several times from the top of Bay Lake Tower. Yes, you can see the fireworks (and hear the music), but they look strange because you're seeing them from the side. And, of course, you won't be able to see the projections. I vote for seeing them in the park.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter