Besties Eat, Drink and runDisney - A November PTR - Updated 10/25

Boy, you've put so much more though into it that I have! I better get going and start planning! The only meet & greet I REALLY want is Jack and Sally. I may just use your plans for that one!

Isn't it exciting?!! Less than FOUR months!!

It gave me something to do while I wait for more concrete plans! BFF just bought her flights last night so I figured I'd work on firming up these plans this morning. (Because why do anything "useful"..) Seriously though, I was prompted to do it by the thread I referenced. I just have to find a way to work in Big Thunder so the Peter Pan FP may go bye bye. We'll see on FP day I guess! (62 days till FP day!) And yes, Jack & Sally are a MUST DO! Hence spending a whole lotta time in their line! I think it will be worth it!

This is a great thread I'll definitely be following along! Your bubbly and vivacious attitude is very catchy and thrilling! More please.... popcorn::

This is a great thread I'll definitely be following along! Your bubbly and vivacious attitude is very catchy and thrilling! More please.... popcorn::

Awww, thanks @FoxC63 :hug: You are too sweet! More updates will be coming soon, I promise! And a huge thank you to you for inspiring me to get planning on my Halloween party plans!

I am running my first RunDisney Race with this year's Wine and Dine Half. My sister is going to join me and run the 10k. Then we convinced our youngest sister to join us. Ever since we announced we were going to go and run my 12 year has begged me to come along. I told her she could if she saved enough money to cover her park ticket and half her plane ticket. She's only $100 away so it looks like she is joining us as well! TBH, I am really glad she is coming. It means I will have someone with me who for sure appreciates Disney the way I do!

My sister and I are also doing the Wine & Dine for our first runDisney race ever! We are just doing the 10K though...didn't want to overcommit on the first one, haha. I'm already looking at dates for the Dark Side weekend and we haven't even run yet! I'm so excited! Gotta love traveling with sisters! How awesome you'll get to surpise them with a resort change!

WEEK 1 TRAINING RECAP
(take 2!)

Ok, I had some technical issues last week and never got around to writing my week one training recap up again. To be honest, I have no clue what it even said! So, there will be no antidotes for this week, simply a mileage report. I did get a new pair of kicks (New Balance) instead of the Brooks I tried and last week they seemed to be much better, at least then the Brooks, but I'm still curious if sticking with my Altras would have been better.

IMG_2374.JPG

7/4 - 1st Official Wine & Dine training run! 2.57 miles

IMG_2388.JPG

7/6 - 2.59 miles
fullsizeoutput_3fdf.jpeg

7/8 - 3.36 Miles
fullsizeoutput_3fdd.jpeg

Total Miles for week one: 8.52

Week two update will be coming shortly since I just completed my "long" run for the week this morning.

July Savings Update

Well, July brought a few surprises, like the fact that the Disney Vacation account randomly closed down! I actually had a few gift cards to add to it I never did. I had a few options to choose from, but chose to cash the balance out to a Disney Gift card and get an extra 5%. I got around $708 and some change. I went ahead and applied that to our trip and it was nice to see the balance be drastically reduced! In addition to that I have the following to pay towards the trip:

• $20 in Disney Gift Cards from Disney Movie Rewards
  • $25 Walmart Gift card I just cashed out for on Swagbucks which I'll convert to a Disney gift card
  • $25 of lipstick money that will go towards a Disney gift card
That will make my grand total in savings for the trip $778.75! The total cost of my room & dining is $1,332.83 so only $554.08 to go! I've already purchased flights, Halloween party tickets and my 5 day hopper. Feeling pretty on top of the savings. Now if only I could get my running on track! (More to come on that front soon I promise!)

July Savings Update

Well, July brought a few surprises, like the fact that the Disney Vacation account randomly closed down! I actually had a few gift cards to add to it I never did. I had a few options to choose from, but chose to cash the balance out to a Disney Gift card and get an extra 5%. I got around $708 and some change. I went ahead and applied that to our trip and it was nice to see the balance be drastically reduced! In addition to that I have the following to pay towards the trip:

• $20 in Disney Gift Cards from Disney Movie Rewards
  • $25 Walmart Gift card I just cashed out for on Swagbucks which I'll convert to a Disney gift card
  • $25 of lipstick money that will go towards a Disney gift card
That will make my grand total in savings for the trip $778.75! The total cost of my room & dining is $1,332.83 so only $554.08 to go! I've already purchased flights, Halloween party tickets and my 5 day hopper. Feeling pretty on top of the savings. Now if only I could get my running on track! (More to come on that front soon I promise!)

Great Job Gretchen! I have slacked off this month with Swagbucks...I needed the break I think. I did book a lot of hotels for our trip back east through SB/hotels.com so that should make up for my lack of effort in July. I really need to sit down and total up what I have earned since last November. My trip for this year came up at of no where and though I had continued on my Disney Penny earning apps I just have not been keeping track of my progress.

Running Update #2
(Weeks 2-4)

I figured it's about time I posted an update on my training for Wine & Dine. Or lack thereof. :( It's been a frustrating few weeks.

Week 2 went off without a hitch, except that after my 4 mile "long" run I had a lot of knee pain. Like horrible knee pain. I've dealt with runners knee before, but this pain was in a different location than before. After some research I guessed it was "jumpers knee" and started some stretching to help alleviate the pain. I went for a few walks, but largely took a week and a half off from running.

Last Saturday I went out to run thinking I'd do the 5 miles I missed for week 3 and ended up running 6 miles because I felt great running and was enjoying the shade on the trail I run on.

The only problem was after I came upstairs my knee gradually started to feel worse and worse. Ironically it doesn't hurt when I run, but hurts more going up stairs or standing or sitting down. After days of pain and Advil not touching it I finally caved and went to the doctor yesterday and got a steroid shot in my left knee. I was so good the doctor gave me a smiley face on my band aid! :rotfl2:

IMG_2862.JPG

The bad-ish news is that I was told not to run for 5-7 days even if I start to feel better I need to give the steroid shot time to do it's thing before running again. The good news is that this morning the pain is less and I don't feel that sharp pain when I sit or stand. This gives me hope that the steroid shot is working and I'm hopeful that next week I'll be back out and running.

I don't feel super behind in the training, even if it is killing me not to run since this weekend I am supposed to do 6.5 and I did 6 last weekend. Next week is lower mileage which will be good for me getting back into the groove of running.

So, I'm hopeful that I can heal the knee without falling too behind on training. Prayers and fingers crossed at least!

Last edited:
Gretchen...I hope you recover fast! This getting older really stinks with the running thing.

Oh my gosh! I'm sorry to hear about your knee...and the shot! Ouch! Hope you are in the mend and back to running soon!

Thanks ladies! I still have some pain in my knee, but nothing crazy. I hope the shot is working! The killer is that the weather is unseasonably cool and perfect for running...and I can't run! :sad: All I want to do is go out for a quick run. Hopefully the weather will hold out for me to take advantage of next weekend!

8:20 - 8:30: Pick up pumpkin spice cupcake at Gaston's Tavern if they have one?
*ToT at Pinnochio's Village Haus & Peter Pan in passing
*I know there isn't really time, but if line was short would consider Gaston & Belle, but they aren't a huge must do for me since we can meet them during the day, although not together.

8:40 - 9:15: Ride Haunted Mansion & Haunted Mansion Magic Shots/Madam whomever

9:30 - 10:40: Castle Show & Fireworks & Hocus Pocus . (It would be nice to catch the 9:15 Hocus Pocus, but that will be time depending.)

10:40-10:55: Lotso M&G
*ride Space Mountain if line is short
*ToT at Tomorrowland locations

11:00: Boo to You Parade from Main St.

Hit Mickey and MagicShots on the way out.

Didn't even get over to Adventureland for these and not sure we can fit them in:
Jafar
Tarzan, Jane and Terk (might try them at the end of the night based on reports from party goers if they meet together)

And I didn't squeeze in a ride on Big Thunder. Could use FP for that instead of Peter Pan. Have to figure that one out.

I'm very grateful to those going to earlier parties for sharing what they experience and learn. I've gone to the first Christmas party the last few years and know there are challenges with the early parties sometimes so I am excited to do things on the flip side for the Halloween party!

So, I told myself I was not going to mess with these plans till after the first couple Halloween parties, but now that times for parades are out, and pretty different from last year I'm thinking about what changes I'll need to make to the later half of my plans. The parade will be at 9:15 and 11:15 this year. Fireworks are at 10:15. Hocus Pocus can be caught at 8:35, 10:45 and midnight. There's one earlier show, but it won't work with our plans. I think I have to decide how important my view is for Hallowishes. In the past i've watched Wishes and Holiday Wishes from the bridge between Liberty Square and the hub kind of by Sleepy Hollow and I'm curious if that would work and then we could just grab a spot for Hocus Pocus and the last parade. I also think I'll have time to do something over on the Adventureland/Frontierland side since I won't need to be at fireworks until after the first parade. Unless we stake out a spot in Frontierland-ish for the parade and follow it out for fireworks and the villians show? Hmmmmm....

And yes, these are the things that keep me up at night! LOL!

Ugh! That sucks about your knee. Having to take time off from running is the worst. I mean if I choose to be lazy and not run for a bit then no biggie. But tell me I have to NOT run due to injury and I go crazy. I had to take four weeks off for a hip injury a year ago and it was awful. Hope you heal quickly and completely.

I changed my plans again when discounts came out, so we are no longer staying at the Poly. But I am getting an extra day in the beginning and sneaking in the Halloween Party on the 1st and I am super excited!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!