Best Western LBV

lianetta

Earning My Ears
Can someone please give me an honest review of the Best Western Lake Buena Vista Resort? The pictures and description seem nice but at $602 (including tax) for 7 nights it sounds almost to good considering it's on Disney property. Thanks.

I stayed at this resort 2 years agoand I found nothing wrong with it as far as the room went. Be sure to ask for a park view room and from your balcony you can see all the parks fireworks. The only thing I didn"t like was the food in their resturant. The room was very big and roomy. I would say go for it if you plan to eat in the parks mainly. The location is very good for me as it is within walking distance to Crossroads and Goodings and to Downtown Disney. I do not drive while I am there and I found nothing wrong with their transportation. It may bother some especially if you have small children because their busses only run about every half-hour. In fact although this trip I am staying at the Poly I will be staying here for the first night, since I am coming in a day earlier than planned due to flight availability. have a good trip.

I agree with Esmerelda. Also, if you haven't actually booked yet, check www.travelweb.com When I went in July '99, the rate was $79 per night and the rate listed was something like "best rate, yours for the asking." Last summer, I checked travelweb again just out of curiosity, and the same rate was listed. I haven't checked this year though.

All I requested was 2 rooms, preferably connecting, on an upper floor. We got a really high floor and a great view of DD with MK and EPCOT in the background. We were able to see fireworks from our room and were very happy about that. The rooms were quite large, 2 beds (can't remember if they were double or queen) a sitting area, nice balcony. The sink area is separate from the toilet/bath area, which was nice too. We found housekeeping to be excellent, though I have read other posts saying the opposite.

We also walked to Crossroads several times, a very nice walk, maybe 15-20 minutes at a leisurely pace. We did not use Disney transportation because we stayed there while we were doing non-Disney things (which we drove to), then moved on-site for the Disney parks. Parking was plentiful, and the pool looked nice, though we didn't actually make use of it.

Our only complaint about BW LBV was the service during check-in. There were several bell-hops walking around the front, not appearing to be doing anything, but they all referred us to this one guy who seemed to be the only one doing any work, so we had to wait about 10-15 minutes for him. Then, when I was checking in, the clerks were taking people who arrived after me (looking at them rather than me), and I basically had to force my way to the counter. What bothered me about that was a manager was standing right there and said nothing.

My other visits to the front desk were very pleasant though, and I would recommend this place to others as well as stay there again. I think it's a great bargain for a DD hotel.

We stayed there for 2 days in May. The rooms are nice, but nothing special. The hotel was clean. They have a small pool out back which we didn't use and no hot tub. It's a nice walk to Downtown Disney. They have bus transportation to the parks, but we didn't use it. It's my understanding that the same buses service all the hotels along that strip.

Our package included a free breakfast, which truly sucked! The cereal and bagels were stale. The fruit was either green or turning brown. I tried to get milk for my cereal and the waitress gave me a cream pitcher full of half & half. We didn't try the hot food items like the eggs & bacon, but I was afraid to.

I think for the price I would have preferred to stay at one of the All-Stars.

I got back from DW almost a month ago and never posted my report on the LBV Best Western in Dowtown Disney. We checked in with almost no problem when we arrived. The staff was a bit inattentive, but such was what was expected for the price we paid. Our room was on the 17th floor and the balcony faced over Orlando (note: if we'd gotten a room on the other side of the hotel we'd have been overlooking Epcot). The room was large and clean, with two queen beds, a closet, two dressers, and an in room safe that was free to use and quite spacious. A nice large television that got Disney Channel, but not Toon Disney. The bathroom was large and spacious, with one sink, plenty of counter space, there was also a hair dryer, and a coffee maker in room.
The bus service from the hotel was pretty good, the only real complaint we had was that even though guests at the DD Resorts can go to e-night their buses don't do an e-night pickup. This was easily circumvented by taking the bus to Pleasure Island and picking up a DD Resort bus there. Note that this is the next to last stop on the buses, and it can take a while because the buses go to every single one of the DD Resorts. In the morning though this makes for a short ride to the parks. These buses fill up fast due to the number of hotels that rely on them. We ususally found plenty of seats during off times. And at peak times we'd just wait for the next bus if the first one looked to crowded. We only had to stand for one trip. The buses are far more posh though then the Disney buses, more like charter buses.
The resort offers a breakfast buffet for under $10 a person, which is a great deal considering orange juice in the Flamingo Cafe were over $3 a piece. If you must have a character meal the Grovesnor next door offers a character breakfast with Sleuth Goofy and friends. There's also a very nice bar on the top floor of the LBV Best Western that looks out over Epcot. The valet at the hotel was very helpful and took our bags when our room wasn't ready. Not only did he put the bags in our room, but when we told him we were concerned about the perishable groceries we had bought, he told us not to worry he'd take care of it. Sure enough when we got back to the room that night all our perishables were in our cooler covered in ice. Our wine that we had bought was also chilled in the ice bucket. All in all a fabulous experience and no major complaints. Please feel free to ask any questions.

I had originally booked this hotel before I found a great rate for CBR which is
Disney owned. I am glad I switched to CBR, after seeing the locale of Best Western
CBR was only a small amt more and I am glad we stayed there. Staying on site is better
and though Best Western LBV is an official Disney Hotel, its not the same as staying on
site. Best Western LBV looks like any other hotel, but CBR and all the other Disney resorts I
visited had "magic" that the regular hotels can't come close to. You should check mousesavers
to see if u can get a deal on the moderates, like i said, the code I got was all I needed to cancel Best Western and book Disney's CBR. The bus service at Disney is better than the DT disney hotels as well.

Hulabird

AUG/SEP 2001
carib01a.gif

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter