Best Western Cocoa Beach--any reviews?

Malone

Earning My Ears
I've read about the Holiday Inn Express and Radisson Resort at the Port, but has anyone stayed at the Best Western Cocoa Beach? Any reviews would be appreciated.
Thanks!

We stayed there for a couple of days after our cruise ended back on July 4 2002. We stayed in one of the oceanfront rooms and it was quite nice. It was a large room with a balcony overlooking the beach (I love going to sleep to the sound of the ocean). The kids loved watching the Wonder cruise out of the port that night (they also loved watching all of the fireworks that were shot off from the beach!!!).

My recollection is that the BW is actually 2 different motels brought under the same owner -- the oceanfront building being the one and an "inland" section around a nice pool being the other (a parking lot is in between the two sections). I don't know much about the "inland" building, but in the oceanfront building, you'll note that there are "oceanfront" rooms and "oceanview" rooms. If you're looking at the picture on the website, the "front" rooms are on the right and face straight out at the beach, while the "view" rooms are the ones on the left side of the building and face south down the coast (towards the pier).

The property is right on the beach, and a very short stroll from the pier. Judging from the number of kids around the pool with DCL mugs, I imagine there were a lot of folks who had also just returned from a cruise. As nice as it is, I'm surprised I don't read more about it here (maybe I missed the memo about keeping the place a secret!).

We have stayed at the Best Western in Cocoa Beach and we have ressies to stay there again the night before we leave on our cruise in Nov. We stay at the inland part and the rooms are very clean. :)

Thank you for your replies! I had thought there would be someone out there who has chosen the Best Western Oceanfront. I'm glad to hear the positive reviews! We will be staying in the inland parts as well (it's only one night and I want to save more money for the cruise!), but I'm happy that we will be steps away from the beach!! I want to get all the beach I can out of this vacation!

Do either of you recommend a restaurant within walking distance? Did you go to Cocoa Beach pier?

Thanks!

We ate a couple of times on the pier (there are several places to eat). I don't remember much about the meals (interpret that any way you'd like). DS and DD love the pier, even though they go on piers often here on the left coast. There's also a Waffle House nearby, and there's a steakhouse right next door to the BW.

I'm not sure how you are accessing the BW ressie system, but if you go to the "local" BW web site (not the corporate one), they note a "cruise and stay special," which includes parking:

http://www.bestwesterncocoabeach.com/hotel.html

Originally posted by Otisp

We ate a couple of times on the pier (there are several places to eat). I don't remember much about the meals (interpret that any way you'd like).
There are, indeed, a couple different dining options at the Cocoa Beach Pier (www.cocoabeachpier.com). I haven't dined there so I can't describe the food either, but the atmosphere can't be beat. If I were staying at the BW, this is where'd I'd be dining.

Originally posted by Otisp

I'm not sure how you are accessing the BW ressie system, but if you go to the "local" BW web site (not the corporate one), they note a "cruise and stay special," which includes parking:

www.bestwesterncocoabeach.com
Otisp, I didn't know the BW had a local site or offered a cruise special. Thanks for mentioning that. I've updated my Space Coast Lodging page (www.dcltribute.com/lodging).

Dave:
Thank YOU for all of the great info on your site. That's where we found out about the BW in the first place!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter