Best week in August for dream trip?

patterbones

Earning My Ears
I was a lucky recipient of a Build your own holiday giveaway and had planned on going the last full week of August, but when filling out my forms I scheduled it for August 19th-24th.:( As far as crowds or events that would be going on during that time vs the last week, is it that considerable of a difference? I can change the airfare but its at additional charges (considerable) or do I just buck it up and go with it?
This is my first posting and have enjoyed reading all comments.
Any suggestions on spending my $1500 recreational dollars?

Hi Patterbones Congratulations!!! I think you picked a great week! Crowdes should be thinning because southern schools are back in session.And you are not near Labor day weekend.We used to go every year for this week, but two years ago my youngest started playing football and practice begins the end of July!! As far as the recreational bucks try the Water mice. We have done them from the GF and it is great fun.(It was the first time for me driving any boat and I had a BLAST!)Also look into a MK fireworks cruise(my Fav.) or the Illuminations cruise. These can be done just cruise or Special ones food included(depending on $$;) Have fun!! Joan:Pinkbounc

We went that week last year. Hot as heck but a perfect time to visit. Parks still had later hours and the spectromagic parade. Fireworks were on at MK. Characters everywhere, Crowds minimal.

Have a great time.

I agree -- minimal crowds but still some of the later hours, maybe even an E-night if you are lucky. Have fun, we might be there also. Welcome to the DIS.

Thanks for the posts! Any suggestions would be welcome..taking my 3 nieces as guests and am looking forward to experiencing the "magic" through their eyes!

I think it will be a fine time to go.

Can you use that rec. $ for something like the Hoop de doo Revue?? It's dinner and a show...very funny. That would be my first choice.

I'm hoping it's a good time. We're booked 16-23. How old are the nieces? Different ages like different things. Welcome to our crazy boards!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter