Best way to watch the castle light up shpw without dealing with fireworks?

luv2sleep

DIS Veteran
My son is very sensitive to noise such that we always have to watch fireworks from afar if we get to watch them at all. I want to see the castle show in Jan (we are going Jan 1-4) and am wondering if it's possible to see them without them being associated with fireworks? Also, can you see it lot up from the Top of the World Lounge at all?

My girls don't like fireworks so I watch the castle show on Main Street by the entrance to one of the stores. Once the castle show ends we go into the store and they put on the headphones.

My son wears noise-canceling headphones during the show and has been handling it well. We watched from the flagpole on Main Street, right at the entrance to MK, and from the bridge to Tomorrowland. The beginning of Main Street would probably be better for you since you can duck into a building more easily if it gets to be too much for your son.

I believe the castle lights show is at 6:30 and the fireworks are at 10 pm. No problem for you.

Depending on cost you wish to spend...there is always Pirate and Pals which is a GREAT experience especially with the kiddos...ice cream, cake, candy, coffee, hot cocoa, water, lemonade...ride on the water with blankets to see the fireworks and here the story...then when you get back you see a special friend at the docks:thumbsup2

Depending on cost you wish to spend...there is always Pirate and Pals which is a GREAT experience especially with the kiddos...ice cream, cake, candy, coffee, hot cocoa, water, lemonade...ride on the water with blankets to see the fireworks and here the story...then when you get back you see a special friend at the docks:thumbsup2

I think that involves fireworks overhead, right? He has sensory issues and can't handle firework noise. Is it far away so that the fireworks aren't loud?

Last year they did the castle lights a few times each night, so it should be easy enough to go when they aren't doing fireworks.

DD can not tolerate the sound of fireworks either and is extremely sensitive to sound. She uses the Winchester Passive Earmuffs available in the sporting section at Walmart or free ship-to-store for $9.97. She uses these frequently throughout our park touring day and they muffle the firework noise enough so that she is able to enjoy the firework display. We have sets of these in the car, backpack, house, etc. We take 2 pair to WDW in case one is misplaced. The are compact when not in use. I would give them a test run at home first. Also, the only negative I could see is that they may be hot if worn at length in the summer. DD uses them year round as needed with no issues.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter