Best way to up grade US/IOA AP

Tigger2ntinkerbell

DIS Veteran
Upgrading my Universal Annual Passholders Ticket:
I have a Preferred Pass, and upgrading to a Premier Pass.
Should I upgrade like I do for my Disney tickets? Use it and then in park upgrade or prior to park visit and go online?
TIA.

We just upgraded our Preferred to Premier and did so at the IOA ticket window. I don't think you need to enter first as you'll just be paying the upgrade price. I'm not sure if you can do it online- but it would save you time if you can!

I'm very glad we upgraded! We stayed at Sapphire Falls and used our after 4 EP two weeks ago. The parks were open to 10 so we made good use of it. We'll get better food and merchandise discounts and a free HHN ticket.

It's to bad that the AP for all 3 parks in July is so expensive... My Universal 3 park explorer tickets were like $306 so it's a big jump. The dining discount might make it worth upgrading only 1 ticket for a family of 5. We would still have to spend like 3k in food which wont happen..

Yes- you get an after 4pm one time use at each ride EP.
And a Free Halloween Horror Nights ticket (on select nights)
What is the price difference when renewing :
2/2 Preferred Pass to Premier Pass?
TIA
I was just coming to post this exact question. I'm beginning to think we may benefit more from the Premier pass.
We tend to skip going to Universal on any trip where we don't stay at one of the resorts so it means we aren't getting a lot of use out of our pass, not compared to how many days we are in Orlando at Disney. I am spoiled and will only go when we have EP. I told DH that I think we'd jump over to Universal some evenings if we had the after 4:00 EP. Plus we are going to HHN each year. So I'm thinking it makes the most sense for us to get the Premier Pass. It depends on cost. Our next trip is right at a month before our renewal date so it's a good time to figure out what we want to do.
That or we need to downgrade to the one that blocks out Christmas and doesn't do merchandise discounts. We can work with block out dates.

You can do renewals on line and upgrade then, but I don't think you can just do straight upgrades online. Just go to any ticket window or guest services and they will do it. You don't need to enter first but the line inside might be shorter if you are doing it first thing in the morning.

We do the monthly payment thing so ours just renews automatically, nothing I have to go online to do. I'll make time to stop by GS to speak to them about the pricing differences since it would be just outside out renewal window and the perfect time to do it, if we are going to. I think I can figure out the general price range close enough to guess if it's price is worth it or not

We won't be back down until Christmas week, our PP expire first week on Nov.
So flying down to upgrade in person is more$$$ than going online. Has anyone called and asked to renew and upgraded???.

30 days, I think?
Thanks. I've been looking around and can't seem to find a number of days. I know I can cancel my auto renewal within 30 days so I assume that's the renewal window too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter