best way to switch reservation

goodstarr

<font color=deeppink>Me thinks you've been dipping
I'm planning a vacation in May and would like to know the best way to book my on-site room before trying to switch to the entertainment rate. I have both Loews and Entertainment cards. Should I initially book through Loews, a travel agency, hotelkingdom or US website? I will eventually switch to the Entertainment card rate (hopefully), but I'm not sure what is the best way to book it first. Does every place that I mentioned allow you to switch over the reservation once the entertainment rates come out or only certain agencies? Has anyone ever had problems switching once the rates were out? Thanks:D

They will allow you to switch it, but only if it's available. And if the hotel is at high occupancy, say goodbye to the discount.:(

So if you book it now, make sure you are willing to pay the full rate if the discount does not open.

I am going to wait until discounts come out. We are all keeping eachother informed as soon as one of us finds out. Stick around!:D

Thanks for the reply. I know that I can switch the reservation to the entertainment rate later, if available. I was wondering what the best way is to do the initial reservation. Is there one particular venue which only allows the switch or can I reserve the room through any route and be able to switch without a problem (or attitude)? I'm not sure if all (Loews website, US website, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, travel agency) allow you to switch to the entertainment rate at a later date. :confused:

You would have to make the reservation through Universal or Loews. If you book it through Expedia, Travelocity and then an ER comes out you would have to cancel the first one and book it through Loews or Universal. 1 800 BE A STAR or 1 800 23 LOEWS. Good Luck!

Jessica,
Thanks alot. That's just the information I was looking for. I didn't want to get it wrong.:D

I agree with SpideyHulk24... if the hotel is at high occupancy then you can kiss the discounted rates goodbye. Why would they need to lower rates if they are already almost full? If everyone waiting for the discounted rates decided to book early with no intension to pay the rack rates (if discounts don't appear ) then we are only hurting our chances that the hotels will indeed lower their price.

Does hotelkingdom.com allow you to switch to ent. rates later? Since they have such great prices, I'd be willing to pay their rates if I couldn't eventually get ent. rate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter