Best way to sell a Dig. Canon Rebel XT??

gravymom

Mouseketeer
Dh bought me a dig canon rebel xt last June. I used it down at Disney and a few times up at the school, but nothing major. He has since upgraded to a 5D and wants to let me use one of his backup 10Ds, since they have less resale value. What is the best way to sell this thing? I am very fearful of eBay. I am scared if I accept money through Paypal and then the buyer claims all is not well (which it would be unless they are trying to scam) that they would get their money back and have the camera.

I am open to any and all suggestions.

Thanks

Amy

eBay will most likely get you the best price and PayPal is supposed to save you from the example you gave. Or many camera shops will sell it on consignment for you, but they will want their cut. Good luck.

ps. I'd keep the XT if I were you ;)

gravymom said:
Dh bought me a dig canon rebel xt last June. I used it down at Disney and a few times up at the school, but nothing major. He has since upgraded to a 5D and wants to let me use one of his backup 10Ds, since they have less resale value. What is the best way to sell this thing? I am very fearful of eBay. I am scared if I accept money through Paypal and then the buyer claims all is not well (which it would be unless they are trying to scam) that they would get their money back and have the camera.

Amy

Been looking at one of these. How much ya asking? :)

I've only bought on Ebay but it seems like a reasonable possibility. I had also heard of a site that resells used camera gear. The context was for older gear but that might be a possibility. Unfortunaly that's all I remember! Sorry. Maybe someone has an idea on that site?

Paypal will not take your money and hand it back to the buyer, no questions asked. They will open a dispute and give you time to respond. But this is a worst case scenario.

I sell on eBay all the time. On the rare occasions a buyer is unsatissfied, they have contacted me and we have worked it out. The two returns I've had in hundreds of sales went smoothly -- they shipped it back to me and I refunded their money from my account.

And since you know the camera is in perfect working order, as long as you pack well and insist the buyer insure the package, you cannot be held liable should they claim it does not work.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter