• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best way to make ADRs??

Blessed_wth_Triplets

DIS Veteran
So tomorrow is the day I can make my ADRS! This is the first time though I can use the online system. Which do you prefer, do you think is better? Will the online system let me make ADRs for the whole week? Thanks!!

Online is the way to go IMO, but it can be a bit overwhelming at first.

What I did was practice for a few days before hand to ensure I knew where all the buttons were, was familar with the way everything went...etc.

That said, it went really easy. I know some still hold on to the phone thing, but for us it was an advantage to use the online system, we got Le Cellier. If I would've waited to call no chance that would've been there.

If you are staying onsite and have your ressie number handy you can enter it into the computer (find the window) and it will open your +10 days.

So best thing is familarize yourself with the online booking system and it is a breeze....good luck!

You can start the online system at 3 AM (I think that's what it was). We just used it about 2 weeks ago. It was okay but a bit slow and a lot of steps to get through. First you have to link your ressie, then search the restaurant, enter the time you want and see your choices. It does give you time options around what you choose. It worked well for us and we made all our ADRs no problem. We only had to change the day we chose for Le Cellier and Akershus but they were same park so no problem. We also didn't see Fantasmic dinner package offered but found out later it wasn't scheduled for the day we chose so that may be why.

So all in all it was a good experience but I think on the phone may be faster and the CM will be able to help you when things don't show up that you want.

Prefer on-line, and like mentioned go on and practice a little. What is nice if they don't have the restaurant at the time you want you get other options.

Prefer on-line, and like mentioned go on and practice a little. What is nice if they don't have the restaurant at the time you want you get other options.

Totally agree; it can give alternatives faster than a human could do.

Remember, decide whether your ADR is all about the experience or the time of day. On some of my ADR's, it was more about the experience ( i.e. Prime Time 50's Cafe). We took at 4:45 pm ressie.

For Character dining, it was all about timing for MK. I couldn't get CRT or CP, but it hooked me up with 1900 Park Faire at GF. Would have never even thought of that...it was one of the highlights of our trip.

You can start the online system at 3 AM (I think that's what it was).

The official time is 6AM EST. When I went earlier my first day (Aug 28) hadn't showed up yet. It appeared around 5:55AM and I was able to make my ADRs for the week at that point once I "retrieved my reservation".

For Cindy's can you book this online as well? First timer here.

And can you attempt booking for all days of your stay 180 days from the day of your arrival at the hotel? Or do you need to retry each day.

I would be willing to book online and be on the phone at the same time to secure a seating here! Tips welcome and appreciated!!!!!

For Cindy's can you book this online as well? First timer here.

And can you attempt booking for all days of your stay 180 days from the day of your arrival at the hotel? Or do you need to retry each day.

I would be willing to book online and be on the phone at the same time to secure a seating here! Tips welcome and appreciated!!!!!

Provided you have a WDW resort booked, yes, you'll be able to do all days of your trip up to 10 days beyond check-in.

And yes, you can book Cindy's online, but you need to pre-pay, and that is true whether booking online or on the phone.

Which do you prefer, do you think is better?

IMO it depends upon the time of day, day of week, phase of the moon and one's level of karmic debt. OK, I made up the last two, but they have also seemed relevant for me at times. :scared1:

I've had times the on-line system has crashed repeatedly, and calling at 8:00 or 9:00 pm EST on a weeknight, I got right through to a dining rep. OTOH, in January I was on the phone in my resort waiting in the queue, so I booted up our laptop and got the ressie I wanted online, while I waited for the rep who eventually came on to struggle with her system. :surfweb:

It's a crapshoot, and there are magical dining reps who will cover you with pixie dust over the phone, and others who will make you question your choice of vacation venue. :mad: If you love online shopping and time your website visit well, the on-line booking is pretty great. :yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter