• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best way to get to Yacht Club from SSR?

tx911

DIS Veteran
These are the ways I can think of to get to Yacht club starting at SSR:

SSR to Hollywood Studios to Skyliner to IG
Walk to DS then Bus to Yacht Club
Uber directly from SSR to Yacht Club

Anyone have experience with the first 2 options? Are these reasonable or too time consuming?

These are the ways I can think of to get to Yacht club starting at SSR:

SSR to Hollywood Studios to Skyliner to IG
Walk to DS then Bus to Yacht Club
Uber directly from SSR to Yacht Club

Anyone have experience with the first 2 options? Are these reasonable or too time consuming?
The skyliner doesn't go directly from Hollywood Studios. You have to switch at one of the resort stations (Caribbean Beach Resort I think). This is probably the most time consuming option on your list.

How long it will take to walk to the bus area at DS will depend on what section of SSR you are in. If you're in or near Congress Park it's not too bad, but from somewhere like the Carousel section it will be quite a hike. You can always take the bus from SSR to DS to avoid that walk and then hop on the YC/BC bus, but depending on which bus stop you are closest to this can be time consuming too. SSR has 5 bus stops internally.

We usually take Minnie Van, Lyft or Uber when staying at SSR and traveling to other resorts. We love SSR for Disney Springs heavy trips but getting around to the rest of The World can be a process.

The skyliner doesn't go directly from Hollywood Studios. You have to switch at one of the resort stations (Caribbean Beach Resort I think). This is probably the most time consuming option on your list.

How long it will take to walk to the bus area at DS will depend on what section of SSR you are in. If you're in or near Congress Park it's not too bad, but from somewhere like the Carousel section it will be quite a hike. You can always take the bus from SSR to DS to avoid that walk and then hop on the YC/BC bus, but depending on which bus stop you are closest to this can be time consuming too. SSR has 5 bus stops internally.

We usually take Minnie Van, Lyft or Uber when staying at SSR and traveling to other resorts. We love SSR for Disney Springs heavy trips but getting around to the rest of The World can be a process.
Uber it is then, thanks

SSR to DHS. Friendship Boat to YC. Don’t know the time for the first leg, however Friendship Boat to YC less than 15-20 minutes if you’re looking to cruise a bit.

You could take bus to HS and use the walking path to crescent lake area, there is also a boat at HS that goes to Swan/Dolphin then Yacht/Beach.
A veritable concatenation of transportation! The boat idea sounds fun, thank you.

I recently did a bus from Congress Park to HS and then Skyliner/walking over to Riviera. Didn't take terribly long, but I wasn't in a hurry either and enjoyed the journey.

So, bus/boat combo would be my vote for SSR to YC, if you don't have time constraints. Obviously, rideshare will be your fastest and most direct as others have already said.

Well, you could take the boat from SSR to DS and then walk to the bus to YC. It really depends on room location at SSR. I sure miss the DS dock next to Jock Lindsey's being open.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter