Best way to get to MK 45 minutes before park opening from WL

goofy4wdw2

DIS Veteran
I just read that the MK boat from WL starts 30 minutes prior. We were hoping to arrive to the park 45 minutes early. Do the busses from wL to MK start one hour prior to opening? Which would be faster...taking the other WL boat to the contemporary and walking? Or taking the bus? I know the boat is more fun but looking to be efficient on this particular morning. Thanks!

The bus is probably your best bet. We just returned from a WL trip and the bus ride to MK is about 5 minutes. We always rope drop and twice we were the only family on the bus. No issues at all. Have fun!

This week I discovered that the bus to MK runs more often and is faster than the boat to MK or boat to Contemporary then walking to MK.

The buses will start running at approximately 6:30 am. Even if a non-transportation CM tells you otherwise.
I'm assuming that the main purpose of the early buses is getting guests to pre park opening breakfast reservations. Do these buses travel between resorts as well? We have a very early ADR at The Polynesian while staying at Wilderness Lodge. What's the best way to get there?

If you HAVE to get there, early, by your schedule?
Mini Van. $25.

I did NOT suggest a CAB, because this would dump you at the TTC. Mini Van will get you JUST inside the Contemporary walkway, bus area. Which has it's OWN Security checkpoint. You could literally be #1 in line for ticket check.

All personal opinion - I'm not necessarily right, no one else is necessarily wrong.

I'm assuming that the main purpose of the early buses is getting guests to pre park opening breakfast reservations. Do these buses travel between resorts as well? We have a very early ADR at The Polynesian while staying at Wilderness Lodge. What's the best way to get there?
What time is your ADR?

Cab/lyft/uber or Minnie Van is quickest and most efficient way to get to Poly from WL. If you would rather take WDW transportation, you can take the bus from WL to MK and monorail to Poly or boat to CR and monorail to Poly. The WDW transportation method will take a lot of time though. I would be on the first bus or boat out depending on the time of your reservation.

OP, bus will be your best bet. Or take the WL to CR boat and walk from there. That's our preferred method and we typically have a private boat on the way to CR!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!