Best way to get from POP to AKL

blessedby3

Actually Blessedby4 now, but cant change my userna
We have an 8 am Boma reservation on our next trip and we are staying at POP. We have always had a vehicle before but are flying this time and Im wondering what our best option is...especially since we have to be there so early. We are a party of 7 with young ones (1,3 and 11) and 4 adults. What will be the best and quickest option to get from POP to AKL?
Thanks

If you use Disney buses you would need to go to animal kingdom and then get on the bus for the lodge. I would use Uber or the Minnie Van service.

If you use Disney buses you would need to go to animal kingdom and then get on the bus for the lodge. I would use Uber or the Minnie Van service.
I think the Minnie Vans only seat 6. We have 7 including 2 that need car seats. I have never used an uber before. Is that an easy thing to navigate and how far ahead do you have to request one? And would anyone know the approximate cost?

Some Uber XL or SUV's can hold 7, but the driver can decline the ride if they feel like you won't fit. You may have to end up getting two Ubers. It's easy to research to find out cost and set up on your smartphone.

I think the Minnie Vans only seat 6. We have 7 including 2 that need car seats. I have never used an uber before. Is that an easy thing to navigate and how far ahead do you have to request one? And would anyone know the approximate cost?
2 ubers may be the best way to go. It is simple to use the app and they are usually readily available at Disney. WE usually request as we are heading to our hotel lobby and they are there within 5-10 min. Pop to the Contemporary was about $10 last time we were there, but AKL is much closer.

Some Uber XL or SUV's can hold 7, but the driver can decline the ride if they feel like you won't fit. You may have to end up getting two Ubers. It's easy to research to find out cost and set up on your smartphone.
Ok thanks

2 ubers may be the best way to go. It is simple to use the app and they are usually readily available at Disney. WE usually request as we are heading to our hotel lobby and they are there within 5-10 min. Pop to the Contemporary was about $10 last time we were there, but AKL is much closer.[/QUOTE
Thanks so much. We don’t mind taking two. We can even split the littles if each Uber only has one car seat.

2 ubers may be the best way to go. It is simple to use the app and they are usually readily available at Disney. WE usually request as we are heading to our hotel lobby and they are there within 5-10 min. Pop to the Contemporary was about $10 last time we were there, but AKL is much closer.
Better to not request the rideshare until you are at the pickup point, ready to go. Eliminates the possibility of a no-show charge (recommendation courtesy of the Everything About Über/Lyft thread on the Transportation forum.)

If Check at the Pop concierge desk to see when busses start. It’s pretty easy to take a bus to AK then transfer to AKL bus. It’s under 10 min to get to AKL from AK.
Minnie Van will cost a flat rate of $25? I think. Uber is much cheaper but not sure about car seats.

They recently changed to a base fee of $15 plus $2.75 - $3.25 per mile based on demand.
Oh good! That sounds somewhat better. It was ridiculous to pay a flat rate even if destination was nearby. It’s still too expensive imo and I wouldn’t use them but for people who want to it’s a better deal.
I know Mears cabs also have taxi vans with car seats too. I’ve used them (pre Uber days) to transfer resorts with our luggage and saw car seats in back.

Agree with the bus...if you got on an AK bus at 7 am, the directions from Pop to AK say 9 minutes. It's about a 5 min or less bus ride to AKL from AK. At the most, buses run every 20 min, so that should leave you plenty of time. And if you get to AKL early, you can take in all the beauty of the lobby and maybe see some animals out early on the savanna!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter