• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best way to buy Park Tickets?

hope3702

Mouseketeer
Do I just buy at the resort? Or is there a cheaper method?

Also I am a DVC member and plan on going to Disney every year...

Should I buy a 10 day hopper with no exp? Is that the best way?

If you are DVC and planning to visit every year, one of the best deals is to buy an annual pass and time your trips to fall within the same calendar year (e.g.: early Nov one year, late Oct the next). You'll get the DVC discount (currently offered), plus you will have two trips on the same ticket! :thumbsup2
Also, if you want the DDE card, too, unless you're from Florida, they're only available to AP holders.
You can buy your tickets at any entrance or DTD; all you need to show is your membership card (and driver's license).
But, if you're wanting the DDE also, you'll need to get your AP vouchers ahead in order to allow time for the processing of the DDE card (they'll ask for the voucher # when you order it).
:goodvibes

If an annual pass is not for you last year we got our park hopper tickets through undercovertourist.com. They were mailed right to our house with no problem and I had the tickets before I arrived at WDW. There is a discount on the tickets (though not very much:) )

Thanks for the reply...I don't think I will do the annual pass because I don't want to plan my trips around it...I would rather have no expiration...So does that leave me with the 10 day hopper as the best bet?

That depends on if you are going for only 5 days per trip, or if you will not go into a park on a given day, maybe hang at the pool or go to DTD. We looked into the same situation this year, we go for 6 days at a time but we all enjoy going to the parks every day. So the No Ex did us no go because of the price of a two day pass.

enjoy your trip!

Make sure that you're getting the Mousesavers newsletter. There's almost always a link for Undercover Tourist with special pricing. You can only get the link from the newsletter though.

I purchased mine a few days before we left home, online through Disney and was emailed a voucher I had to print out and take with me. I presented it at the concierge desk upon check-in and they put the tickets on my room keys. I saved about $30 on our five park-hoppers by ordering ahead through Disney and they were on our room key. I thought this worked well, but we just were getting tickets for this one trip. I don't know if you could do that if you planned on using the non-expiring feature.

Do I just buy at the resort? Or is there a cheaper method?

Also I am a DVC member and plan on going to Disney every year...

Should I buy a 10 day hopper with no exp? Is that the best way?

We've been going to WDW twice a year for the past couple of years. We bought 10 day park hopper no exp tickets from mapleleaftickets.com. It averaged out to $36 per day per person. We've still got a few days left and will use a couple in November. I like mapleleaftickets as the tax is included in the price.

Good luck!

That depends on if you are going for only 5 days per trip, or if you will not go into a park on a given day, maybe hang at the pool or go to DTD. We looked into the same situation this year, we go for 6 days at a time but we all enjoy going to the parks every day. So the No Ex did us no go because of the price of a two day pass.

enjoy your trip!

What are you talking about? two day pass? When you run out of days on a 10 day pass just buy another 10 day pass. They don't have to be used in trips of 5 days each. Say the first year you use 6 days. On your second trip, of say 6 days, you use the remaining 4 and buy another 10 day park hopper. After using 2 days you have 8 remaining no matter when you come back. .. and so on ... and so on ...

The hard part is figuring out exactly what ticket you need.
***************** has a tickey calculator. Then with that info, go to AAA and buy your tickets. They have a discount.

I am well aware of that, But some folks may not want to have Disney tickets bought ahead for several trips over several years. For instance, In our situation, there are 13 of us traveling, Next trip most likely it wont be the same crew, The passes can only be used by the original user ( I believe).

It amazes me how some folks question others intelligence on these boards.
Have a great stay at home!

What are you talking about? two day pass? When you run out of days on a 10 day pass just buy another 10 day pass. They don't have to be used in trips of 5 days each. Say the first year you use 6 days. On your second trip, of say 6 days, you use the remaining 4 and buy another 10 day park hopper. After using 2 days you have 8 remaining no matter when you come back. .. and so on ... and so on ...

I was commenting on your initial post of buying the 2-day passes in conjunction with 10 day passes for 2 seperate 6 day trips. Your initial post in itself implies the passes were for the same group of people travelling on 2 seperate 6 day trips.

I am well aware of that, But some folks may not want to have Disney tickets bought ahead for several trips over several years. For instance, In our situation, there are 13 of us traveling, Next trip most likely it wont be the same crew, The passes can only be used by the original user ( I believe).

It amazes me how some folks question others intelligence on these boards.
Have a great stay at home!

Thanks for the reply...I don't think I will do the annual pass because I don't want to plan my trips around it...I would rather have no expiration...So does that leave me with the 10 day hopper as the best bet?[/QU

I feel the same as you about planning my trips around an AP, so I buy the 10 day no expiration usually from www.undercovertourist.com. The price quoted includes tax and shipping is free. I have had good success with their service.

If you have none expiring tickets, do you need to hang on to the ticket itself? Or do they have the record of it, so if you give them your personal information they can pull up the info and get you tickets each time you visit?

Not sure, I've always hung on to my tickets. Once when I forgot how many days were left, I had Disney check and they had my personal info - so maybe.

If you have none expiring tickets, do you need to hang on to the ticket itself? Or do they have the record of it, so if you give them your personal information they can pull up the info and get you tickets each time you visit?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter