Best Way to Book? Updated with Success on Post 16

Shanti

Momketeer
Does anyone have tips for the best way for an American to book a resort stay? The website steers me to a package, which has too many ticket days. Any tips for booking room-only, for a good travel agent for DLP, etc.?

Disney only offers room-only to annual pass holders. You can check out Expedia, they offer room only, but it's not always cheaper then a package. You can book on any countries site, you don't have to proof where you're from (European law says they can't differentiate the price according to where you're from), so be sure to check out multiple for the best deal
Any knowledge of which countries tend to have the best deals?

I used the UK website for my trip for this summer. They had a better price than the US site, plus there was an early booking deal at the time I booked, 4 nights for the price of 2.

Also, sometimes there are different room types available via different websites. Don't know if that's a factor of suddenly rooms becoming available, but if I searched from multiple different browsers/phone at the same time they would all pop up different room types.

I used the UK website for my trip for this summer. They had a better price than the US site, plus there was an early booking deal at the time I booked, 4 nights for the price of 2.
Interesting. I looked at the UK site, but when I converted the price to US dollars, it cost more. I was considering that booking via Canadian might be better, due to the current exchange rate that is favorable to the US. But when I try to get the Canadian version up, it still shows the symbol for Euros for some reason.

Interesting. I looked at the UK site, but when I converted the price to US dollars, it cost more. I was considering that booking via Canadian might be better, due to the current exchange rate that is favorable to the US. But when I try to get the Canadian version up, it still shows the symbol for Euros for some reason.
Very interesting. I'm already looking at prices for next summer, and right now the UK site wins again for the dates I'm looking at. It may vary based on the dates too. Although I should check the Canadian site too. I just know that for my upcoming trip it was a savings of about $200 vs. the US pricing for 4 nights.

How did you get the website to accept your payment? I'm American trying to use the Canadian site, and it keeps blocking all my cards.

How did you get the website to accept your payment? I'm American trying to use the Canadian site, and it keeps blocking all my cards.
No idea. I just had the UK site up and made sure the price was still in GBP and it worked. Maybe olafLover has the answer in the previous post about Canadian vs. European sites.

Side note, is this for the 2019 DLP trip with your Med cruise that you have in your signature? That's what I did for this summer. 4 nights at DLP, 1 night in Barcelona, then the cruise. :)

No idea. I just had the UK site up and made sure the price was still in GBP and it worked. Maybe olafLover has the answer in the previous post about Canadian vs. European sites.

Side note, is this for the 2019 DLP trip with your Med cruise that you have in your signature? That's what I did for this summer. 4 nights at DLP, 1 night in Barcelona, then the cruise. :)
Yes! We're planning 4 nights at Disneyland Paris, 1 night in Barcelona, cruise, then 3 nights in Paris proper. :cloud9:

I'm not sure it'll work for the Canadian site as well, it's an European law, so it'll work for the European sites, not necessarily the Canadian.
If you change sites, make sure the country in the top right corner is the one you want, with cookies, it sometimes keeps the original
I tried clearing everything, then booking via the Ireland website, but that didn't work, either. Anyone have suggestions?

The UK prices are about $200 more than American when converted to US dollars, but the prices from other Engligh-speaking countries are about $300 less than American when converted from Euros to US dollars. Problem is it's not letting me book that online.

I suppose calling wouldn't help, as they'd just charge me the American rate?

No idea if it's a thing, but does your credit card allow charges in any other currency? That's about what I can think of, as it should work. You could also call and say you want a specific countries deal
I'm going to have to call as there is absolutely no way for me to do it online. I even researched online tips for how to do this for DLP, and those also didn't work.

I have bought lots of things online in different currencies, even yesterday, as I prepaid a Parisan hotel in Euros for a different part of our trip.

I just posted this info in response to a message on another thread, but thought I'd add it here, too, in case it helps someone who finds this thread while searching for info on the same problem:

Booking via another country's website was impossible for me online. I'm American, and I tried various English-speaking countries' websites where I could pay in Euros, as their price when converted to US dollars was better than the price on the US website. (The UK price was worse than the US price, so I did not try them, btw.)

I called my credit card company to check for a fraud block and it wasn't that, and I could also buy other things online from Paris in Euros with the card. So this was definitely an issue specific to the Disneyland Paris website for other countries. I tried Ireland's website, Iceland's, Canada's, etc. I cleared my browser's cookies each time. None of them would let me book the ressie with my Visa credit card. I then searched tricks online and saw one about doing this by leaving the foreign country name as it was on your contact info, but typing in the rest of your American address in the address line. Tried that, and it also didn't work. So impossible online. I tried for days.

In the FAQ section of the Disneyland website, I noticed that it said it was fine to call and book an offer from another country's website (confirmation info will be delivered in that country's language, so choose carefully). So this morning I had WDW transfer a call to Disneyland Paris, and I told them that even though I'm an American, I wanted to book the deal offered through Ireland's website, which they were happy to do. I paid in full in Euros using the same card that never worked online. No problems at all, and the adjusted price in US dollars was a savings of about $300 over what I would have paid for the exact same package via the USA website (which was still a good deal, as it is a "book 4 nights for the price of 2 nights" offer). So the savings were worth the hassle.

Hooray! party:

Wow, I am glad it all worked out for you. I am American and we booked on the UK site with no problem, except to let my credit card company it really was me using the credit card. And that probably had more to do with the fact that we booked our airfare first so I was spending a lot of money in one day.

I just booked through the UK site and placed a deposit. Potential savings of about $300 given the current exchange rate. Have about a year until the trip - will be fun to watch the pound vs the dollar and find the best time to complete the payment!

I just booked through the UK site and placed a deposit. Potential savings of about $300 given the current exchange rate. Have about a year until the trip - will be fun to watch the pound vs the dollar and find the best time to complete the payment!

If the UK crashes out of the EU without a Brexit deal in March, the pound will plummet so much that you'll be able to pay the balance with a couple of peanuts. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter