Best use of points with 4 adults

luvthatdisney

DIS Veteran
Hi guys,

We have our first DVC trip reserved for May 8-12 at AKL - Kidani Deluxe Studio - Savanna view. When I reserved that it was only myself, my DH and our 24 year old DD. She is perfectly fine on the pull out couch and I am considering shipping a memory foam mattress to the resort for her since we plan to fly.

The problem is now our DS who is 28 has decided he wants to go. (Neither of them have significant others at this point). Of course, if I kept the room we have I would share the couch with my DD. I really worry about 4 adults (two being very tall men) in a studio. What would be the best use of our small amount of points (110) to be a little more comfortable. Not sure about how the sleeper sofas are with two people on them. We do have our 2018 points as well 2019, but we are also planning a trip in September for just the 3 of us.

Want to use our points the best way I can, but I want us to not be on top of each other too. Has anyone experienced 4 adults (two being men) in a studio? DD really wanted to stay at AKL, but if needed we can change and just visit there. We have stayed at BC and Poly in regular rooms in the past, but never DVC.

Has anyone experienced an adult in the sleeper chairs? That could be a possibility. Would love to see a pic of someone lying down on one so I can see the size of it.

No pictures, but if it was me, I would switch to a one bedroom at AKL (can get a standard view for 116 points) or one bedroom at OKW (for 118 points). Both have the sleeper chairs. OKW is a large unit with a lot of square footage. My mom has slept in the sleeper chair at AKL as have my younger teens. My kids have slept in the sleeper chair at OKW. I laid down on it at OKW last month (I'm 5'9") and could have slept there all night. Everyone else have said they were comfortable.

If you have the points, a 1BR at AK-K or BLT will have a 2nd full bathroom. Both have the sofa and sleep chair. OKW also has the sleeper chair, but still just 1 bathroom.

Thanks you! I totally forgot about the 2nd bathroom that would be a huge difference!! Plus with that we could still stay at AKL for my DD.

Being as my 6'3" son also has no significant other, he always gets the sleeper
chair, BLT, AKV, OKW, he's slept in all of them. He actually says that they are
more comfortable than the pull outs.

BLT-Sleeping beauty, he put the couch cushion at the end, his tootsies were cold.
NLT Sleeper Chair.jpg s

OKW-Before we put the sheets, pillows, yada yada.

OKW Sleeper CHair.jpg

I've done a few trips with 4 adults (all in their 30's) in a studio, once with two guys (one was tall and the other wasn't). I've shared the pull out couch with another adult many times and think they're decently comfortable (though I'm really not that picky). I've heard these pull out couches can vary by resort (I've slept on the ones at BWV, BCV, BRV, and AKL-Kidani). I've also comfortably slept in the single chair pull out (AKL-Kidani and BLT). I'm 5'5", so average sided.

Yes it's nice to have a larger room, but we haven't minded staying in a studio when on a budget.

I don't think that those murphy beds (the 5th bed in some of the studios) are comfortable... I've slept in them twice! Once at Poly and I can't remember the second time.

My sister and I shared the pullout couch at BWV in May on a trip with our parents. I found it fairly comfortable (don’t love pullouts, but this was one of the better ones I’ve ever slept on). I’m 6’ and she’s 5’10” and it was plenty of room.

Obviously, a 1 BR would have been awesome for the extra space for the four of us, but we made do. If you’re organized, it’s fine in a studio with four adults! We love EPCOT, so any stay at BWV is a great stay for us :)

The sleeper sofa in the studio at AKV is only double sized. That's like two cribs side by side. I know my parents slept in one double bed for many years, until they got two twin beds and pushed them together. And that was a long, long time ago. I don't think queen beds even existed then. The sleeper chair is a real twin sized bed and found at AKV, BLT and OKW one, two and three bedroom villas at WDW.

I have two adult daughters and we bought a blow up mattress from Amazon for around $20.00. Our youngest DD (25) slept on it and said it was comfortable and she was fine. It is a twin size air mattress, self inflating. We did need to bring our own bedding for it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter