Best type of backpack/day pack for theme parks?

I used to use a drawstring bag, but now I use the Loungefly Buzz Lightyear bag. They're both large enough to carry your essentials but are small enough to comfortably take on rides. They also don't take very long for security to search at the beginning of the day (keeps the line moving faster). When you're going to be spending the day at a theme park you don't want to carry around anything that isn't essential.

I have a decent backpack that I always use for travel and day trips, but I notice a lot of people seem to use simple drawstring backpacks. I like the idea of having more pockets and areas in my traditional pack, but what are some of the advantages/disadvantages of using a drawstring backpack instead? They are obviously lighter, but don't look comfortable at all.
Best of both worlds, a small 12L backpack. It's the perfect size and has pocket storage as well. It's what I carry after numerous trip to Disney with multiple size packs over the years.
amazon.com/gp/product/B01MTX27PO/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I know this thread is a couple of months old, but do any of you worry about items getting stolen from your backpacks? I always wanted to use one, but this scared me.

I did a solo trip in March and this scared me as well. I searched on Amazon for anti-theft backpacks and found the company Pincnel that has bags between $20-$30. I use it almost all the time now as my normal purse/bag, as it has a shoulder strap as well. It was lightweight, held everything I needed for the parks, and made me feel secure with the zipper against my back. I even managed to decorate it with Fantasia pins from BoxLunch, as it has side zippers for easy access (I put hand sanitizer and lip balm in those sections). I don't think I can link yet, or I would, but if you search the company name on Amazon the backpacks come up.

We usually carry one of those sticks to reapply. But we put a good amount on before we leave the room and just reapply the hot spots.
Sunscreen should be reapplies every 2 hours especially in intense heat when you are sweating. Sticks don’t provide great coverage either.

Sunscreen should be reapplies every 2 hours especially in intense heat when you are sweating. Sticks don’t provide great coverage either.

I understand that and it is true in most cases. After 24 years of visiting WDW, we found that we don't have a problem with getting burned, or even tanning much when we apply the lotion in the morning. Mostly just use the stick for my face. Trust me, I don't want to burn and if every day I got too much sun, we would bring more sunblock, but like I said, it works for us.

I used a cheap, lightweight, packable backpack from Amazon. There are lots of different brands between $10-$20. It has full sized straps and several zippered pockets for organization. It worked great. We may not make it back to WDW for a few years, but I plan to use it for other day trips and hikes in the meantime.

My kids are 15, 12, 8 and I still use a small, lightweight backpack. I bring water, sunscreen, ponchos, pins for pin trading, pennies/quarters to make pressed pennies. I would always bring some kind of backpack or fannypack even if were just me traveling...lol.
I can’t imagine. We need a bag and my youngest is almost 9. We need a place to put our rain jackets, sunscreen, deodorant, Advil’s, bandaids, collapsible water bottle, hair ties and a folding hairbrush, hats and sunglasses when we aren’t wearing them, small purchases, you may want a change of clothes and flip flops if your little ones want to run in the splash fountains.

My boys are 8 and 12. I refuse to schlep their daily stuff anymore. During vacations they either carry their own backpacks when out and about or they share a backpack and switch off. They also now carry their own backpacks onto the plane with their entertainment and help my DH and I wheel the large bags. We started this last summer. I got tired of carrying everyone’s stuff and told them that my days of being the family’s pack mule were over. Once the kids had to carry their own stuff, they were more careful about what they packed.

I know a family with 4 kids, the youngest who is one year older than DS8. Last summer the entire traveled by train through Europe and everyone schlepped their own stuff.

I'll speak for the uncool. Fanny pack! Hands free, holds what's necessary. At night i.d./cash In pants pocket is sufficient.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter