Best time to go in June?

Things change, but they originally said it would be open before D23 .During the last D23 they said something like by this time in 2 years Star Wars land will be open st Disneyland.

I'm not betting on Memorial Day weekend as they didn't rush to get the Pier ready by then :(. Also, they've yet to make changes to the AP structure. Plus they want to get the parking structure open. And I think they will want all the locals blocked out. July makes more sense. I'd like to wait to book our trip until I know for sure. But if I wait I won't be able to use timeshare points. Decisions, decisions .

They can just change the blockout days. They did it this year for Pixar Pier opening.

I also doubt the parking structures will be done before SWL opens. That was the goal for the original Harbor Blvd parking structure, but since that plan got scrapped, the new structures being built are WAY behind that schedule. The parking will be what it will be until the new structure opens, and I highly doubt they would hold off on opening SWL just because the parking structure isn't done yet.

The parks will only see a slight bump in capacity with SWL open, and right now, as it stands, the parking structures can handle capacity level crowds. They do fill up, like they do almost every weekend lately, but the parks have not been reaching capacity. People will find a way to get to the parks, whether there is parking available or not, and worst case, the lack of parking limits the crowds in those first few weeks/months.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter