• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best time to book?

AshlandDad

Earning My Ears
When is the best time to start booking airfare and hotel rooms (on-site) for a trip to WDW in late winter or spring of 2002. We're thinking of going in February or late April. Haven't been to WDW in over 20 years, so we're not sure how to proceed. It will be me, wife, and 2 sons ages 11 and 9.

Also, we're planning a trip of about 10 - 14 days. Probably 4 of those days will be at disney. The rest will be travelling around Florida. Sanibel Island, Space Center, Sarasota, and maybe Tampa. With a trip like that, is it easiest to book with a travel agent, or is it fairly easy to do online?

Thanks.

Hey Ashland Dad . . .welcome to the DIS . . .this is a great place to obtain info by others who are more than helpful . . . .Now, to answer a couple of your questions . . . .

1. I would start to make my reservations now for an on-site hotel . . .Since Oct 1st 2001 will start the Disney 100th Birthday, WDW will probably be somewhat busy during this 12 month celebration . . .we booked our room in January for our upcoming December trip. I have always found it easier by booking everything myself, But, since you are doing other things during your vacation, you might find a travel agent more useful.

2. You can search online for your airline and book online and choose your seats. We use Delta and I was able to see where I was sitting and also got $10 off each ticket by booking online. You can make your airline reservations 330 days in advance.

3. Since I'm online alot, I usually do all my things online. All you have to know is where to find things and you are there. I find it easier than dealing with an actual person, sad to say, but true.

Hope this helped a little!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter