Best time to book for Las Vegas

jtdl

DIS Veteran
When is it that you get the best deals for Las Vegas vacation packages? Last minute seems to be more expensive than booking a month in advance. How far ahead do you book to get the best deal? Where do you book to get good deals?

Vegas rates tend to be the most variable and hard to predict of anyplace I've ever seen. It's usually best to make a fully refundable reservation as soon as you start thinking about going, then keeping an eye out for deals and updating/switching whenever a better deal comes along.

This is a my favorite site for tracking deals: http://www.vegashotelspecial.com/ (which seems to be down at the moment)

The best deal might come 9 months out, it might come the day before you leave. But the most common time I've seen is about 6 weeks out.

A Vegas hotel will have dirt cheap rates when it has a pressing need to fill rooms. The situations I have seen with REALLY cheap rates:

If a hotel is less than 50% occupied; or

If a convention doesn't pick up all the rooms it booked; i.e., a convention that booked 900 rooms on its peak nights is only going to use 600 rooms . . . then the hotel suddenly has 300 rooms to sell on those nights. Typically this situation happens 3 - 4 weeks prior to a group's arrival, when a rooming list comes in.

This is when you will see Vegas hotels with rates as low as $59 and $69, or buy 2 nights get one night free, or 2-night package deals with lots of inclusions.

But of course, the average person has no way of knowing the drama that happens in a Strip property's revenue management department. ;)

I would sign up for newsletters from Vegas websites; or just look at individual property websites for packages. You never know what you are going to get.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter