Best time to book air travel

Jack_Sparrow_NJ

DIS Veteran
Heading to Aulani next summer, any suggestions on the optimal time to book travel from the East Coast??
Also would you suggest non-stop or one stop ?

I'm flying direct from Boston next July. The flights I've been looking at just dropped $200.00. I'm not sure if they will drop any more but we bit the bullet and just booked. :goodvibes

We fly from the east coast to Hawaii either every year or every other year. We fly almost everywhere direct, except for Hawaii. It is just such a long flight and I feel like it just is easier to break it up into two flights, even if it is just a short layover. This is a personal preference, but for us the one stop just seems better. We usually book in early spring for flights. This is when I usually find the best deals. And there have been some really good deals over the last few years if you are patient and look around. Good luck!

We booked about 4ish weeks after flights were released for our travel dates, so we booked mid-November for travel the following mid-September. Prices were the lowest when we booked, and we only saw them go up from there but we weren't closely watching.

We flew from Buffalo to Atlanta to Honolulu, which made the long haul leg about 9 hours. The flight we chose was very comfortable, so we found it tolerable. Where is your home airport? I know some of the Newark and JFK nonstop flights can be 11+ hours, which might be too long for some people. If you aren't worried about that, I would say its safer to book the nonstop to avoid potential delays, missed connections, and lost luggage.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter