Best Time of Year?

We love going during Spring Break, which for us is around March 13th.

It is crowded, but the weather is usually nice. Although we did have a cold front blow in during our trip a couple of years back.

So early May sounds like a plan!

You might catch Herman’s Hermits performing at Epcot!!!! That is a dream of mine.

Easter will have passed and not anywhere near Star Wars opening.

I love the Epcot Flower and Garden Festival, so I became totally hooked on Spring at Disney.

We used to go in Summer, but I cannot take the heat anymore.

Be careful and pace yourself. Avoid staying in the direct sun as much as possible. A good tip, especially at Epcot (see how I am dreaming of being there!!) is to do Futureworld first and leave the showcase for late afternoon and evening.

Drink lots of free water and take breaks and just people watch.

I am feeling pretty discombobulated this year because I am letting my daughter (17) go with her school group and skipping it myself.

We have gone together for at least 10 years in a row now for her Spring Break.

I don’t know what to do with myself!!!!

You can use indoor shows as breaks and a way to keep cool. The People Mover in Tomorrowland at MK is great for this. Also the Carrousel of Progress. Country Bears Jamboree or Hall of Presidents. The Bears show has been shortened. Nemo show at AK is a nice long one.

Really lots of places to duck into to just chill.

I think I got confused & was thinking you are going 2019. In any case

Enjoy your Spring visit!!

Forgot to add. Don’t pass up any rides!

Get Fastpass!!

Free with admission and when staying onsite, you book your initial FPs 60 days in advance.

I promise you, no need to wait in a long line anymore!!

This makes even crowded times manageable.

Do not get in the long standby line.

This is the key to an enjoyable trip.

Have you been since FP+ was introduced.

It is a whole new ball game! And after you use the third initial FP, you select a fourth via your park app on your phone. No need to be in line for a kiosk.

It is all paperless and via app now.

It is pretty brilliant.

I know it's popular to say this now, but it's kind of lazy. We didn't find it crowded in early March, or our July and October trips last year. I know some of it has to do with which park you pick each day. Families could go the same week and have very different experiences - I've seen that firsthand.

I'm sure "crowded all the time" will apply more after Galaxy's Edge.
We use to go multiple times each year but due to the crowds the past few years we knocked it down to every other year. I would have to agree with our friends that work there in saying its crowded.

I think a large part of it is all about how you plan.

I visited with someone who was waiting on her family while they rode something and they had no FPs.

That would be absolutely miserable and quite frankly not worth the money it costs.

The FPs are essential these days and honestly make more crowded times like Spring Break doable.

We move from ride to ride fluidly with no issues despite the crowds.

Although I have to say, the last time we were in line for of all things LWTL at Epcot, if looks could kill, it was bad. Even the FP line was lengthy but moved fast. Those in standby were not happy campers & shooting daggers as we breezed by.

That was the first I’d seen of long FP line.

And for an attraction that many people used to pass up. One of my favorites BTW.

Bottom line is even in that situation, we were good to go.

From someone who lives an hour away, September can be very, very hot and humid! And it's hurricane season. Early May will be warm, but probably not summer heat oppressive yet and not nearly as humid.

And don’t forget September is hurricane season still.

Orlando is inland, but still the havoc of a hurricane can be far reaching and cause issues with flights as well.

I am Gulf Coast Texas area and FL weather is similar to ours.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter