Best time of day for Slinky Dog?

Emily Moretti

Earning My Ears
I could not get a FP for SDD. Trying to figure out my best bet for getting my daughter on the ride. I feel like first thing will be crowded. Am I better off waiting until the last hour of the park being open? Any advice???

Wait until the park is about to close. We were told as long as you were in line at 7:59 (for an 8PM close) you would ride. The previous night the last ride was at 8:50, so about a 50 minute wait.

Either rope drop it, or do it last thing. If not be prepared to wait 90 minutes or so.

We got in line about 6:45 and walked off at 8:03PM. I wanted to see the SW fireworks so it worked out OK for us.

How long did you wait you think?? Thanks!

We actually had FP for nighttime, but when we used them, the standby line was only 40 min. This was around 8pm on a day that had a 9pm closing. It is worth noting, though, that the night had been practically a washout due to a serious thunderstorm that had started around 6pm. Lots of people simply left the park. This was in July.

The other "best time" to ride is during a rainstorm (as long as there isn't lightning, the ride will remain open). Our first ride was during pouring rain and it was SO fun! We had ponchos, so it was tolerable. I think the standby line that time was around 35 minutes because a lot of people just bailed out once it started raining.

My family had jumped in line at around 8pm on an 8:30pm park closing time and the wait was posted at 50 mins, although I think it was less than that for us. By the time we got to the front, we saw that they were organizing people depending on how many people were in your party, so for us, a party of 3 since my sister opted out of it, were directed to the right and was met with a much shorter line than if we had an even number. We probably missed at least 20 minutes of waiting that way. We were on like the 2nd train then. I'm not sure if they do that all of the time, though, since that was the only time we rode it.

We liked it better at night. I would wait until about 15 minutes before park closing, and jump in line then.
I agree we have done some rides twice by going close to closing time. Sometimes getting in line 1 minute before park closes and wait wasn't bad.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter