Best Time for Expo?

Happy2BMommy0812

Mouseketeer
So, in 2018 we did the 5k during marathon weekend as a family. We went Thursday mid day to pick up the race bibs and try to look at merchandise. The lines were insane. My mom, her sister (my aunt) and I are doing the princess 5k and I’d like to maybe get a pin and a jacket or shirt. Any advice on the best time to get to the expo and avoid crowds (ha ha, or avoid the biggest rush)?

We've always gone early afternoon on opening day and while a few things are sold out, they've been good about restocking for the most part. Princess has historically had literal fights over merch at opening on the first day, but we've found that arriving after noon has been good. The lines are much shorter (no wait at all to get into the merch area) and they've had time to restock things that were rushed on that morning.

Does anyone know how long I should save for the expo in order to be able to enjoy all the booths and get through the lines for packet pick-up?

Does anyone know how long I should save for the expo in order to be able to enjoy all the booths and get through the lines for packet pick-up?

I typically spend about two hours there! But I like to see everything!

I usually volunteer at EXPO and the first few hours are terrible. But, if you do wait, you do chance not being able to get something specific you want in your size! I tend to wait for night time now!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!