Best Ticket Options for Florida Resident

Dis703

DIS Veteran
My head is spinning trying to make all these price comparisons with the new pricing system, so I'm hoping someone may give me an idea of what the best option would likely be.

I am an out of state AP holder, but will be going to Disney in January with a Florida Resident. He usually just buys a day ticket when he goes occasionally with friends, but we are going to be staying on property and doing probably about 4 park days. It doesn't look like they discount those types of tickets for Florida Residents, is that right? There is also a good chance we will go again within a years time, for at least a few days, so I'm thinking it may be worth it to get him one of the Florida Resident Passes.

It's not likely we'll ever be there during peak times so I'm not too concerned with black out dates. And I assume he can upgrade if that changes. But I would like the option of park hopping since I have that with my pass already.

With that info in mind, what sort of ticket or pass do you think we should be looking at?

Thanks for your help. I'll continue researching, but I'm finding trying to put these plans together somewhat late already a tad overwhelming at the moment.

My head is spinning trying to make all these price comparisons with the new pricing system, so I'm hoping someone may give me an idea of what the best option would likely be.

I am an out of state AP holder, but will be going to Disney in January with a Florida Resident. He usually just buys a day ticket when he goes occasionally with friends, but we are going to be staying on property and doing probably about 4 park days. It doesn't look like they discount those types of tickets for Florida Residents, is that right? There is also a good chance we will go again within a years time, for at least a few days, so I'm thinking it may be worth it to get him one of the Florida Resident Passes.

It's not likely we'll ever be there during peak times so I'm not too concerned with black out dates. And I assume he can upgrade if that changes. But I would like the option of park hopping since I have that with my pass already.

With that info in mind, what sort of ticket or pass do you think we should be looking at?

Thanks for your help. I'll continue researching, but I'm finding trying to put these plans together somewhat late already a tad overwhelming at the moment.
This 4-day FL ticket special ends before your trip...but, it’s what you should be searching for in case another special is in place beginning in January. I googled WDW FL resident tickets:
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/special-offers/florida-resident-tickets/

A Silver AP is $479 & has access to all 4 parks with blockout dates.

I see they now offer a Theme Park Select AP for $439 BUT the blockouts vary PER PARK PER DAY. You only have access to certain parks on certain days so I would be very careful checking the calendar depending when your visits are going to be.

They also used to offer 3 & 4 day FL resident passes that you can get with a park hopper. They have blockouts as well & usually are only good for like 6 months at a time. I don't see them offering those for sale in 2019 though so it may not be an option for you in January? I wonder if that new lower level Select AP is taking the place of these tickets? I would keep checking back to see if they offer them again.

The nice thing about a FL AP is he can do it on a payment plan if he wants. Also if he has an AP he may make more trips & use it more than he thinks he will!

The nice thing about a FL AP is he can do it on a payment plan if he wants. Also if he has an AP he may make more trips & use it more than he thinks he will!

We are out of state AP holders as well. Our Plan for this year was to do our annual trip in July 18, and next years annual trip in June of 19. We would also do a long MLK weekend in January. Note that we live about 8 hour drive away, so not a big deal to drive for a long weekend.

But since we had AP, what we actually did:
our annual trip in July
a long weekend in August due to some unexpected comp days from work
a long weekend in November to meet up with some other family members
a quick two day trip in December to burn off a few DVC points, and due to a $75 round trip per person

So, my point being, if you have the AP, you will find a way to use them...

By the way, that August trip was brought up on Monday (I had come off a long project and my manager told me to take Thursday and Friday off). By Thursday morning, we were driving down, so yes you can plan a quick trip in literally a matter of hours...

If you are going only on weekdays there is a Florida Resident weekday pass.

Thanks! Looks like the silver may be the way to go. He does have friends who go a lot and ask him once in a while so I'm sure he will end up using it. Heck, I live all the way in the Northeast and find ways to use my AP more than I planned for, lol. Appreciate the input!

Is the Florida discovery ticket no longer offered in 2019?

That’s the one we usually get. It’s either 3 or 4 Park days. I believe it was $179 or $189 for 4 Park days earlier this year.

There's really no correct answer to this question generally. It really depends on when you're planning on going. If it's times where the special 3-day and 4-day tickets are valid, those are likely best. If you're only going weekdays, that's a great deal. But depending on your plans, the silver may really be your only option (assuming you're not planning June/July visits).

Fla resident here. Agree with HiromyHero above. It’s a steal of a deal. Did it and still have a day left... which expires 6 mos from first day of use.
Fingers crossed they ll offer again.

Enjoy ur visit, whichever tix he gets.

Is the Florida discovery ticket no longer offered in 2019?

That’s the one we usually get. It’s either 3 or 4 Park days. I believe it was $179 or $189 for 4 Park days earlier this year.

They usually don't offer that until the Spring

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!