Best sushi?

DespinaVictoria

Now within 3 hours of my happy places!!
Hi everyone!

I just moved to South FL from CT and will be frequenting DW much more often.

I'll be taking my boyfriend soon & he hasn't been since he was a kid.

Sushi is his all time fave food... I have yet to try any sushi in DW. For those who have, can you tell me, in your opinion, where we can get the best sushi?

TIA! :)

Not gonna lie, I get very nervous about sushi at WDW. I think the sushi at California Grill is supposed to be pretty good, I haven't had it there though.

There are several places that offer sushi in WDW at different price points....California Grill, Tokyo Dining, Kona, Morimoto Asia and Kimonos come to mind.
I've never heard of Cali Grill's sushi being panned.

Not gonna lie, I get very nervous about sushi at WDW. I think the sushi at California Grill is supposed to be pretty good, I haven't had it there though.
What makes you nervous? Do you think they aren't using proper sanitary or food purchasing guidelines? Or something else?

What makes you nervous? Do you think they aren't using proper sanitary or food purchasing guidelines? Or something else?

I am just very picky about my sushi. It's just something about "theme park" and "sushi" together that make me very nervous. Much like grocery store sushi makes me nervous. The one time we had sushi at WDW was during Food and Wine last year when we got the sushi at the Japan kiosk. It was absolutely the worst sushi we have ever had (and I had some high hopes as several people had raved about how good it was). The salmon had an extremely fishy taste to it that I have never before experienced with sushi. I would be much more comfortable with the sushi at Morimoto and I have seen several bloggers who have gotten the sushi at California grill and thought it was good.

Yeah, I agree about skipping sushi in the parks. But "Westin" (the operator of the Swan hotel which houses Kimonos) and "sushi" go together, and I try to hit Kimonos on pretty much every visit.

I would feel very safe at the California Grill also...but CG is more pricey than I prefer to spend.

We also ate at Kimono's in the Swan and it was very good. We too are particular with our sushi and it was very good. We also love that you can get a table at the last minute. Plus the service was wonderful. We will go back again.

Morimoto Asia is best by a huge margin. The Omakase Experience (must be prebooked) is unforgettable and includes lots of sushi/sashimi in addition to other courses.

California Grill and Kimonos are very good. Tokyo Dining is decent but their selection is limited. Haven't tried sushi at the Polynesian, but it seems to get mixed reviews.

Another vote for Kimonos.

As a side note, if you now live near downtown Hollywood, Go Bistro is very good. It's a small restaurant on Hollywood Blvd. Everything is fresh. They have the best sushi we've found around here. The pork belly buns are fantastic. The ramen is also very good. There's a good selection of Sake. What people consider South Florida is a huge area, so you may not be anywhere near there. I just thought I'd mention it in case you are.

Our favorite is Kimono's. They have a fairly extensive sushi menu and the atmosphere is fun. Second favorite is Morimoto's, but I find the service to be a bit slow there.

We like Splitsville's sushi, I can't remember the name of the roll, it is like a tempura crunch roll.

California Grill's sushi was okay - we tried the Kazan and something else. It was really overpriced in my opinion, for what it was. I think the sushi at Kona Café is just as good as what they served at California Grill (for almost half the price). That being said, there isn't really excellent sushi at WDW in my opinion.

Morimoto's is also okay, Tokyo Dining is okay - sometimes I don't like their creations - they started doing a wasabi sauce on one of the rolls I order, Kimono's is pretty good - pretty comparable to a non-Disney sushi place.

P.S. If it doesn't have to be WDW, you can always check TripAdvisor.

For the best selection and quality of nigiri, sashimi, and maki (rolls), Kimonos is the HEAVY favorite.

Tokyo Dining at the Japan pavilion is equivalent to the sushi places many guests may have in town. The sushi is pretty average, though the ambiance carries it a little.

The rest listed offer some great sushi but have a more limited selection, for instance, some only offer rolls.

Another vote for Kimonos here. Also, if you are planning on visits to Universal as well, I was impressed with the sushi at Orchid Court over at Royal Pacific Resort. The quality and presentation were excellent.

For me, Kimonos is 1st and California Grill a distant 2nd.

Cannot comment on any others as those are the only two places I've tried the sushi.

Kona Island at the Poly had some incredibly fresh sushi. Although it is kinda expensive.

We also ate at Kimono's in the Swan and it was very good. We too are particular with our sushi and it was very good. We also love that you can get a table at the last minute. Plus the service was wonderful. We will go back again.

My boyfriend is very picky about his sushi as well so thank you for this tip! I'll make note of Kimono's :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter