Best Stroller Options?

Jetapss

Disney Queen
Hi! I’m planning to make another trip to Disney World next summer, 2020. This will be the first time I will likely take my 3 kids by myself. I will have an 8, 5, & 2.5 yr old. In the past we’ve used a double wide Summit X3 by baby jogger. It tends to get hard to push as the day goes on & is hard to navigate tight spaces but it fits the kids nicely & my oldest can even hop on to the feet area as a seat when she gets tired. But is there a smaller one recommended for kids these ages that would be easier on me by myself but still has a lot of room for storage for our bags & waters?

The Summit X3 double does not meet WDW’s new size limit for strollers (31”x52”). I don’t know how strictly that’s being enforced, but I wouldn’t want to chance it. The Baby Jogger Citi Mini or Citi Mini GT double are popular with the rental agencies.

Enjoy your vacation!

The Summit X3 double does not meet WDW’s new size limit for strollers (31”x52”). I don’t know how strictly that’s being enforced, but I wouldn’t want to chance it. The Baby Jogger Citi Mini or Citi Mini GT double are popular with the rental agencies.

Enjoy your vacation!

The wheels (widest part) actually measure 31” exactly. Will it not work? How are they measuring/enforcing that now?

The Baby Jogger website indicates the double Summit X3 “does not meet Disney size requirements” and lists it at 32.48” wide. You might get through with it. I personally wouldn’t chance it, especially not as a solo adult with 3 young kids; having to scrap the stroller and rent in-park is not the way I want to start my day.

You asked about alternatives, the Citi Mini and Citi Mini GT are popular and a common rental.

Enjoy your vacation!

The Baby Jogger website indicates the double Summit X3 “does not meet Disney size requirements” and lists it at 32.48” wide. You might get through with it. I personally wouldn’t chance it, especially not as a solo adult with 3 young kids; having to scrap the stroller and rent in-park is not the way I want to start my day.

You asked about alternatives, the Citi Mini and Citi Mini GT are popular and a common rental.

Enjoy your vacation!

I’m hesitant to spend much money on this as we don’t typically use strollers for my oldest 2. Since I’ll be driving, I’m considering bringing my single stroller as a back-up. It’s large enough that I’ve used it previously to let 2 kids rid in it through zoos, etc. it’s much easier to maneuver through large crowds & am wondering if it’ll work through Disney since the older 2 will be able to walk much more.

You can rent the Citi Minus from outside vendors. They will deliver to your hotel and will pick up there. You could then have it for your entire trip. (Double stroller rental for a week is around $70).

If you have a single stroller that you would prefer to use, I would bring it.

My 5 year old didn't do all that much walking on our last trip. She got tired and would mostly want to be pushed in the stroller. I would not bring just a single stroller. If I were you I would rent the City Mini from an outside vendor as others recommended. If you were interested in buying a new stroller I would recommend the one I have, which is Uppababy deluxe g-link double stroller. It's very lightweight, easy to maneuver in small spaces, and easily fits all our stuff. However there would be no option for a third child to hop on it. Your 8 and 5 year olds would have to take turns.

Hi! I’m planning to make another trip to Disney World next summer, 2020. This will be the first time I will likely take my 3 kids by myself. I will have an 8, 5, & 2.5 yr old. In the past we’ve used a double wide Summit X3 by baby jogger. It tends to get hard to push as the day goes on & is hard to navigate tight spaces but it fits the kids nicely & my oldest can even hop on to the feet area as a seat when she gets tired. But is there a smaller one recommended for kids these ages that would be easier on me by myself but still has a lot of room for storage for our bags & waters?
Hello. I am also here for the recommendations

I highly recommend the Britax B Free stroller. We used to have the old Britax B Agile, then went to the bob dualie and now that my oldest is 6 went back to a single and got the B Free. It pushes my 6 year old as easily as my 1 year old. The 6 year old fits if he needed a break but he powered through. It has excellent canopy coverage from the sun. Folds down nicely and I’ve done it one handed while holding the baby. The bottom fits so much more than our B agile and even our dualie. We just got back and I put a lunch box with 5 waters, a lunch box with food, 5 ponchos, a backpack, bubble wand and purse in the bottom every day. It was on sale at sams club for $99 when I got it a month ago but looks like it’s sold out. I would still recommend it at full price elsewhere. Worth every penny.

This wouldn't work if you need all thee kids to ride, but we just bought a Joovy Caboose Ultralight for our WDW trip in November (our kids will be 5 and 2 when we go). We've used it for short events so far (part of a day at a zoo, stuff around the neighborhood). We haven't tried yet to load the bottom up with all the things we'd need for a day in a Disney park, but for us we wanted something that was small and portable (we drive to Disney) that could still give our 5yo a break when needed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter