Best strategy for the Silhouette Studio?

MinnieLizzie

Earning My Ears
We are doing one day at Disneyland with our 20-month-old daughter next Thursday (the 26th of April). Since we only have the one day, we will want to use the morning hours to do rides etc without long waits. Given that, does anyone have suggestions for the best strategy to get her silhouette made on Main Street? (I’ve read there can be long lines as the day goes on.) Also - does anyone know when they typically open? I haven’t been able to find that info anywhere. Thanks!!

We are doing one day at Disneyland with our 20-month-old daughter next Thursday (the 26th of April). Since we only have the one day, we will want to use the morning hours to do rides etc without long waits. Given that, does anyone have suggestions for the best strategy to get her silhouette made on Main Street? (I’ve read there can be long lines as the day goes on.) Also - does anyone know when they typically open? I haven’t been able to find that info anywhere. Thanks!!
Following as I really want to do this with our six kids when we go this summer!

Don't be put off by a line. They work very fast so the line doesn't take long.

We had one cut on Saturday afternoon, the first day of Candlelight Processional (a very busy day!) last December and were in and out pretty quickly. Just be sure you do it. It's a great souvenir!

Yeah, I had my kids done and they were not as busy and I had thought they would be. We were in and out really quickly. It is SUCH a cool thing to have. I'm so happy I did it :)

Thanks all for the encouragement that the lines move quickly! We will definitely make this a priority.

When we had it done for my daughter when she was 2 they had it cut before we were even able to let them know we wanted the silhouette of Mickey in it as well, took about 30 seconds and she was done. We ended up buying the first cut as well as the one with Mickey in it as they were so cute.

If I remember correctly from this summer they didn't open until 11am, so it didn't interfere with our mornings at all!

instead of a silhouette, our kids chose to get their pictures drawn. One got a characature and one got a portrait. We had them done in DCA, near Ariels Grotto area.

We have done these the last two visits (and will get one in June, too). My only regret is that we didn't get one on every trip. They are amazing and it is crazy how much they look like our boys! We get them all in one frame, so the first has our oldest three and the second has all four.

We usually end up getting them done sometime on a Friday afternoon and have never had to wait longer than about 10 minutes.

We are just back so thought I’d update on our experience with the Silhouette Studio. It was great! We ended up going at about 5pm and Bonnie, the artist, was just coming off of a break so there was no line. Everyone working in there was so sweet and made it such a fun experience for our little family. Bonnie has been working at Disneyland for 44 years and could not have been more lovely. We had her make three copies of our daughter’s portrait (all at the same time) for Mother’s Day gifts for the grandmas and one copy for us. They turned out great! We didn’t choose to get the frames as the style wouldn’t fit our decor, but if you like the old fashioned look, they are nice. One tip - they are happy to hold onto the portraits for you if you don’t want to carry them with you the rest of the day or don’t have a locker. This was nice so we didn’t have to worry about them getting bent in the bottom of our stroller - we just stopped back by on our way out of the park. We were so glad we did this and highly recommend to anyone!

We are just back so thought I’d update on our experience with the Silhouette Studio. It was great! We ended up going at about 5pm and Bonnie, the artist, was just coming off of a break so there was no line. Everyone working in there was so sweet and made it such a fun experience for our little family. Bonnie has been working at Disneyland for 44 years and could not have been more lovely. We had her make three copies of our daughter’s portrait (all at the same time) for Mother’s Day gifts for the grandmas and one copy for us. They turned out great! We didn’t choose to get the frames as the style wouldn’t fit our decor, but if you like the old fashioned look, they are nice. One tip - they are happy to hold onto the portraits for you if you don’t want to carry them with you the rest of the day or don’t have a locker. This was nice so we didn’t have to worry about them getting bent in the bottom of our stroller - we just stopped back by on our way out of the park. We were so glad we did this and highly recommend to anyone!
Bonnie did ours both times we've done it. She's amazing.

What great Mother's Day gifts!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter