Best Spots for TOD and Illuminations?

luvdamouse

Mouseketeer
Hi!

I wanted to check with the Epcot experts for the best spots to view TOD and Illuminations.

I had heard that TOD has been shortened, but don't have the details. We watched Illuminations from an area near the American pavillion, but it was not a "choice" location...

Thanks for any advice!
Jo

TOD currently runs from Mexico to Morocco. This is roughly 1/2 of the way around the entire World Showcase. I would swear that the route was much longer in the past, but couldn't say that with any certainty.

We saw TOD last Wednesday, positioned near Japan (toward the end of the route). On the water side of the road people were lined up just one row deep. But on the other side people were about 3-5 deep in places. My recommendation--try to get a spot on the water side as soon as you see others starting to stake-out a spot.

For Illuminations we moved up toward the far left of the Germany pavilion. Great viewpoint there, IMO. We had previously seen the show from the area near the boat dock at the front of the pavilion, but enjoyed it more from this rear position.

In December we watched TOD right in front of Japan. Then for Illuminations we moved to the 2nd floor deck of one of the buildings in Japan.

I believe they cut ToD to only Germany to Morocco, they cutout the Mexico-Germany section a couple months ago. They originally had 3 sections, they cut the one from Morocco to United Kingdom awhile ago. There was a post I saw yesterday that said March 1 is the last day.

Ok just to let yall know....the TOD parade runs currently from Morroco to Germany at 6:10 and then at 7:45 it runs from Germany to Morroco. But other than that I know nothing more about TOD and I work at the Freakin Park. As for Illuminations if you watch from where the Character bus goes at the begining of the WS. Right by the Towers Merchandise Shops. This little island you are about 40ft away from the fireworks. This is the best place to watch Illuminatins Reflection of Earth...will begin in just 15 mints thank you....

Katie

Come find me at Epcot...that is were I work

Hi, Katie!

Where exactly in Epcot do you work? I'll definitely stop by and say hi!!!

Take care,
Jo

Jo, I dont exactly know where I work until I get to Work. I am a person who is trained to do different types of lines of business. So I might work qsfb, merch, fast pass it all depends on which location needs some help with their cast members calling in. But I will tell you my name tag says Katie....carousel of progress
I wear kaki pants and a polo shirt...so if u find me at Epcot....cool

Katie
Epcot Castmember

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter