Best snack for value.

Elsaalltheway

DIS Veteran
So will be in Disneyland in the next three weeks and want to know what everybody thinks the best treat for the value is. I'll only be there for two days and two hundred for two park days is still kinda of almost pricing me out of going but I'm going to give the Land one more try. I know when in Disney there are Disney dollars, but I'm still looking to save a few bucks. So just wondering what everybody thinks is the best value.

A turkey leg used to be a pretty good value at $9 for a BIG leg, but it think it is about $13 now (not as good of a value as it used to be but still big enough to share or last for a while)

Are you specifically looking for snacks? Are you going with anyone?
If you were looking at a meal, Plaza in Chicken Dinner is a good amount of food. 3 pieces of chicken, mash potatoes and gravy, veggies, and a biscuit. My DH and I share this for dinner.

HTH,
Kriss :tink:

I think the corn dogs are one of the better values for a meal. I’ve also heard that the loaded baked potatoes are a great value but I haven’t tried it. As for treats I guess it depend on what you like. I would go to Candy Palace, Jolly Holiday, Pooh’s Corner, or Trolley Treats and look in the cases. They have a large variety of items at different price points. We also really love the Dole Whip which is a shareable Treat!

The best value for snacks is to buy something at the grocery store and bring it in with you. We do that all the time. It also makes standing in line easier when you have some jerky or trail mix to snack on. As far as a snack to fill you up so you aren't hungry, sourdough bread at the bakery is the best bet in my opinion.

Troubadour Tavern has stuffed baked potatoes for about $8. They're a really decent size and are good as a shared snack, or a small meal.

I like the veggie sandwich at award wieners.

The vegetarian chili at cozy cones

Veggie kabob at bengal bbq.

I also always eat at boardwalk pizza & pasta & French Market.

Sharing is the best deal. Love to share the Bengal BBQ meal, for instance. I also buy kid meals, but I'm not a huge eater so a kid burger or turkey sandwich etc is fine for me. I love the bagel twists at Maurice's (cart in front of Princess Fantasy Faire).

I also recommend sharing! Went with some friends in August. Between the 3 of us we shared a donut, pop tart, and the 3 pack of beignets. That was about $20 for those...so split between 3 people that’s about $6ish a person.

I normally bring my snacks when I visit the parks. I’d rather spend money on clothes, souvenirs, and larger meals.

I'll echo sharing especially with sweet treats. A few nights ago we shared 3 Halloween treats between the 5 of us; perfect amount and we got to try more fun treats.

Snacks or meals? Honestly, for snacks, popcorn is great because you get enough for a couple of people to share. Also, the kitchen sink ice cream sundae will easily feed a few people.

For meals, I think Award Weiners at DCA is a pretty good deal if you're getting individual meals. If you're going to share, the Plaza Inn chicken dinner is pretty big for the price.

I used to wander the park by myself so the sharing option never really worked for me unless it was by splitting a meal/snack for later by bringing ziplocks or a storage container.

I really liked the black rose cake at Red Rose Tavern but that might be gone by the time you arrive. The bread twists at Maurice's treats are filling. Bengal BBQ is worth it to me and they might still have the rice plate meal available. I like the grilled cheese and soup combo at Jolly Holiday.

If you have a car, though, I would recommend going to Portos in Buena Park. Their roulade cake is similar to the black rose cake and they have many other treats there. Also, Boudin Bakery at Main Place Mall has many options for grilled cheese and soup.

A turkey leg used to be a pretty good value at $9 for a BIG leg, but it think it is about $13 now (not as good of a value as it used to be but still big enough to share or last for a while)

Are you specifically looking for snacks? Are you going with anyone?
If you were looking at a meal, Plaza in Chicken Dinner is a good amount of food. 3 pieces of chicken, mash potatoes and gravy, veggies, and a biscuit. My DH and I share this for dinner.

HTH,
Kriss :tink:
I think that chicken meal is the best on property too. I was just looking for snacks. I was there last year and didn't really look at snacks, and being there during the holidays I know they add new ones. I'm not looking for them, but the staples that are there all the time.

I haven't gotten a Disney corndog for a long time now but I know you could ask for no chips when you ordered at the Little Red Wagon on Main Street and that would knock a little bit off the price.

Yep! Just ask at any locations that serve them. We usually get ours at Stagedoor and will get three corn dogs and only one with fries which we share

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter