Best seats on Soarin’

RobinVanellope

Mouseketeer
Howdy~
I’ve searched this thread and could not readily find answer, so...
What are the best seats on Soarin’
Most center, less dangling feet. Can we ask to wait to get those seats?
Thanks and cheers!

Ask for row B1. Whatever you do, don’t go on row C3- on that row, feet are dangling, the whole picture is twisted (especially the Eiffel Tower), and you can see the edge of the screen and the person operating the ride. On B1 however, you won’t have any of those problems.

Ask for row B1. Whatever you do, don’t go on row C3- on that row, feet are dangling, the whole picture is twisted (especially the Eiffel Tower), and you can see the edge of the screen and the person operating the ride. On B1 however, you won’t have any of those problems.
Wow. That’s great info

I know others disagree, but in my opinion row B2 is a better row with the current show. It does mean you will see feet dangling from above, but it puts you in the dead center of the screen where the distortion is at a minimum. I find it easier to ignore the people above me than to ignore the weird fisheye effect from being off center.

However, one thing I think everyone can agree: ask for either B1 or B2 and say you are willing to wait. Disney really screwed up the current ride film, and if you are not in B1 or B2 then you might as well not ride at all. The ride always has a long line, it's worth it to wait five minutes more instead of wasting the entire time you waited by seeing how crappy their film really is.

You need section B. Sections A & C are terrible- the images are so curved they make me feel sick and I don’t get motion sickness on anything else. Row 1 = no dangling feet but you’re too high up IMO and often see the black cut out edge of the top of the screen and the ceiling
Row 2 = most center row, fully immersive screen but you can see the feet of the row above you if you look up
Row 3 = ok view, still feets, 1 & 2 are better than here but at least you’re still in section B

Best seats are crucial as I've never been on such as distorted ride as this is when you sit on the sides!!!

Can someone explain this better for me? I've never been on this ride so I'm having troubles picturing the seat configuration and understanding the discussion here.

Although there are more seats, it basically looks like this (identified by section letter and row number that you would be assigned in the queue)

SCREEN

A1 A1 A1 A1 B1 B1 B1 B1 C1 C1 C1 C1
A2 A2 A2 A2 B2 B2 B2 B2 C2 C2 C2 C2
A3 A3 A3 A3 B3 B3 B3 B3 C3 C3 C3 C3

Note that this is what it looks like on the ground for loading, when the seats raise up everyone in row 1 is at the top, with row 2 underneath them and row 3 underneath row 2. (edit for backwards letters)

Last edited:
Can someone explain this better for me? I've never been on this ride so I'm having troubles picturing the seat configuration and understanding the discussion here.
There are three sections - A, B, and C. Each section has three rows - top (1), middle (2), and bottom (3). You start on the floor and then the three sections lift up, so you’re viewing ends up like this:

A1 B1 C1
A2 B2 C2
A3 B3 C3

B1, therefore, ends up in the center, with no feet from higher rows.

The current film (for “the world” version of the ride) is very distorted from the sides - the Eiffel Tower in particular can end up looking like a C. So, section B gets the least distortion.

We will wait for section B if we’re supposed to be in A or C, but we’ll take anywhere in B if we get it. Hope that helps!

This ride is in Epcot, too, right? It is distorted there as well? I’ve heard such rave review of Soarin from friends who visited Orlando.

Sometimes I wonder how this ride even got past Disney management. Did they only sit in section B to test it?
I agree! Even in the centre the images can look a bit distorted. I have no idea what made them go for so many shots featuring tall straight buildings given the screen. And frankly it's just not as enjoyable as the old version anyway. Just feels contrived.
Any way... at least they kept Patrick!:rotfl2:

I prefer B1, but if you want was is suppose to be the best seat in the theatre you want the center of B2. The imagineers programmed the show from that seating.

This ride is in Epcot, too, right? It is distorted there as well? I’ve heard such rave review of Soarin from friends who visited Orlando.
Yes it's distorted at WDW too. The original did not distort. I just don't get it and how this was not fixed before it went out. It's disconcerting seeing the Eiffel tower bending!!! I still love the ride and have to let go of that when I ride, but it does make me wonder why they didn't have this issue with the original and they do with this one. Especially with much of it being CGI (which makes me annoyed too..)

Reactions: EmJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!