Best Seats on Rides

midnight star

DIS Veteran
11 days until our trip! :woohoo:

I've been watching ride videos on Youtube. A question I thought of are ride seats. I know this is subjective, but what are some of the "best seats" on the rides. For example, for Soarin' at DL, people prefer B1, and will often wait until that section and row are available.

Sometimes you always dont get a "choice" of seats, they most likely will place you according to your party size in to slotted rows. However you can always ask, they usually try to accommodate you however you may be bumped to another car instead of the current one at the station.

Sometimes the best seat is determined by the camera if you want ride shots....
Like front row for SpM

On any of the coasters, if you want a more thrilling, wilder ride, then the last row of the last car will be "best". If you prefer a tamer ride with far less whipping motion, then "best" is the front row of the first car.

It's a physics thing!

Steve

The back seat on Expedition Everest is the best. Especially during one specific drop on the ride...

I have worked for years to figure out the best seats for almost all rides at WDW.

SM: Back
SpM: Front
POTC: Front
7DMT: Back
Everest: Front and Back both are good.
RnR: Front
TOT: Front

heck : I even have opinions on which SIDE of each ride is better. Like:

HM RS
POTC RS
PP LS
7DMT LS
PM: LS
BLRS: RS

I have more unsolicted and useless opinons on all WDW rides.

7 Dwarfs Mine Train is like a totally different ride in front vs. back. You barely feel motion in front, but get thrills in the back.

We like the front on Rock n Roller Coaster just because the view during the ride is cool.

We wait for B on Soarin- don't necessarily care what row because the feet don't bother us. But I can't stand the distortion on A and C.

The front of everest is absolutely terrifying, especially at the top, because you feel like you are going to roll right off. For thrill purposes I highly recommend it.

I love Dinosaur, and have noticed that if you sit toward the middle, the you get a better view of the Dinosaurs.

The most significant difference is being in the back on the roller coasters and being top or at least middle row on Soarin'. If you want a bigger splash on Splash, then you obviously want to be in front. On Dinosaur, if you want to be closer to the big carnotaurus, you'll want to be on the right side of the vehicle. Mostly, if you want better views like on TOT, you want to be in front, but for most rides, I don't really see different seats or sections of rides as "better" than others for the most part.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter