• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best scooter rental for tall man

MareQ

<font color=blue>How exactly are the drunk people
My BIL requires a scooter for our upcoming trip, however he is about 6'5" so I'd like to try and find a scooter for a rental for the whole week that would be comfortable for him. Are they pretty much "one size fits all" or are there varying sizes for larger or taller people?

THX!

MQuara said:
My BIL requires a scooter for our upcoming trip, however he is about 6'5" so I'd like to try and find a scooter for a rental for the whole week that would be comfortable for him. Are they pretty much "one size fits all" or are there varying sizes for larger or taller people?

THX!

Check out the DISabilities FAQs at the top...there were a few places on there to check out for rentals and i remember one having listed EVCs for "larger" sized people...

I know that the times I have rented offsite they have asked me for my height and have adjusted the seat for me. I am very short but I suspect they would also do it for a very tall person as well.

I know for sure that as you raise the center of gravity on an ECV...by loading it with a tall person, for instance, you increase the probability of it tipping over sideways...especially on one of the famous WDW hilly walkways. You may want to look for an ECV with a wide wheelbase...or a 4-wheeled one, cumbersome though they may be... I have ended up underneath my scooter a couple of times and once swapped scooter-crashing stories with the wife of a tall gentleman who couldn't get it through his head just why he shouldn't turn fast on an incline....tip, tip, crash....

Large is one thing...Tall is dangerous. :love:

MQuara said:

THX!

DH is 6'4" with a long torso and rented a scooter from Walker Mobility 888-SCOOTER. There were two sizes available based on weight. My husband is overweight but did not require the larger scooter. The regular one worked fine for him.

BTW, we had an excellent experience with Walker. They had the most reasonable rental rate for a 3-day rental. The ECV was waiting for us at our resort's bell services. We were also able to leave the ECV with bell services for pick up. Very convenient.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter