Best route from Las Vegas to Disneyland by car?

thommo

Earning My Ears
Hi Can anyone tell me the best route to take, by car, from Las Vegas to Disney and roughly how long I should expect it to take?

I will be doing this journey around the beginning of May.

Thanks!

Take the I-15 South to the 91 (Riverside Fwy) West to the 57 Freeway South. Go to Ball Rd, West (right) and go to Disney Drive. You will see big signs directing you to the Theme Parks or the Hotels (there are two left turn lanes off of Ball onto Disney Drive (formerly East St). If you are staying at a Disney Hotel, stay in the rightmost turn lane. If you are not staying at a Disney Resort Hotel, you will probably need to turn left on Harbor Blvd which is one street east of Disney Drive (you will cross over Harbor going towards Disney Drive) The hours it takes will depend on how fast you drive and at what hour you will be coming through. DO NOT ATTEMPT to drive the 91 Fwy on a weekday between 6:30am and 9:30am!!!!

Hope this helps--e-mail me if you have other questions--I am a Disneyland veteran!

:coo

flowerface.GIF
<font face="Comic Sans MS"><font color=navy>You can also take the 91 to the 5, and go south - stay in the carpool lane, and you'll go right to Disneyland Drive (to get to the Disneyland Resort). If you're staying at a hotel on Harbor Blvd., then stay on the 5 (not carpool lane) until Harbor Blvd., and turn right from the offramp to get to most of the hotels.

<font face="Comic Sans MS"><font color=#FF0066>Mary Jo
mms.gif

Disneyland & Techie Boards Co-Moderator
galw.gif

My DL Site
My Sequoia/Yosemite Trip

Font Hints

Looks like your questions have pretty much been answered :) If you don't hit any traffic and drive about 70ish, it should take about 4 hours.

<marquee direction="right" align="left" behavior="alternate"><font size=3><font color=#FF0066><font face="Comic Sans MS"><bold>LISA</marquee></font></font></font></bold>
<marquee direction="left" align="right" behavior="alternate"><font size=3><font color=#6600CC><font face="Comic Sans MS"><bold>"Diva of Dragons"</marquee></font></font></font></bold>
<marquee>
ariel11.gif
</marquee>

Don't try to drive between Friday and Sunday. The weekend traffic is horrific, not only on the 91, but also on the 15. Try to drive during off times. It's also a really boring drive, so be prepared! ;)

jump1.gif
All work and no play makes Lisa a silly girl

Make sure to take plenty of drinks for the ride. We were once stuck on the way home from Vegas. A semi-truck flipped over on the Highway and we were parked near Baker for over 2 hours in the 95 degree heat. Luckily I had water, 12 sodas and a box of Capri Suns. Be prepared. ;)

logo.gif

We traveled the same route last week in just over three hours-doing about 90 miles an hour the majority of the time. We left on Friday morning without any glitches and returned Sunday night. We actually enjoyed the drive, it goes quickly with a lot of good music, pop, junk food and good company. You'll enjoy the parks. I recommend staying on property if possible. We loved Paradise Pier. Have Fun! :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts