Best route Encantada Resort to Disney

Karen4120

Earning My Ears
Hi can someone tell me the best route to take from Encantada Resort to Disney? My family will be staying there the first week of august. Any tips would be great.

Karen

Depends a bit on the park. From Encantada you don't have much choice but to head up to Irlo Bronson/192. For most parks the quickest route from there is 429 (toll) to Western Way. If you don't want to pay the toll, then for most parks you would head a little farther East on 192 to World Drive. Traffic on 192 is variable but quite heavy at some times of the day, so the time difference can be a couple of minutes to 15-20 depending on traffic. I personally would pay the toll, but we have a SunPass transponder in our car.
For Animal Kingdom there is a "sneak" up Sherbeth Road from 192 that lands you quite near the entrance to AK parking. That is the preferred route for AK from that area of 192. We own a week at Silver Lake Resort right next to Sherbeth, so it is our route into the parks always.
Google Maps or Waze are both pretty good at picking the best route based on current traffic.

Depends a bit on the park. From Encantada you don't have much choice but to head up to Irlo Bronson/192. For most parks the quickest route from there is 429 (toll) to Western Way. If you don't want to pay the toll, then for most parks you would head a little farther East on 192 to World Drive. Traffic on 192 is variable but quite heavy at some times of the day, so the time difference can be a couple of minutes to 15-20 depending on traffic. I personally would pay the toll, but we have a SunPass transponder in our car.
For Animal Kingdom there is a "sneak" up Sherbeth Road from 192 that lands you quite near the entrance to AK parking. That is the preferred route for AK from that area of 192. We own a week at Silver Lake Resort right next to Sherbeth, so it is our route into the parks always.
Google Maps or Waze are both pretty good at picking the best route based on current traffic.

Sorry to jump on this thread, but since you seem very familiar with the area, could you tell me if FL toll booths, particularly from the MCO airport to Disney have pay/cash tolls or is everything with a Sunpass? We are renting a car and not sure if we should pay the $10/day (13 day trip) for the transponder when we will only be using it twice.

If your rental company is one of the ones that charge you for the SunPass every day of the rental, then I would go with cash. Pretty much all of the tolling in the park areas of Orlando have cash lanes; it is only in the far north-west of the city that there are some pass only tolling roads (well away from the parks). If renting from Alamo/National or others who only charge for the days used, it can be worth it for the convenience. Back when it was $5/usage day we would take advantage of it.

We pretty much drive to FL all the time now, and have SunPass in our vehicles. With the I-4 under significant construction it is much easier to just take the 417 toll road around the east side of the city. A related tip, I would generally be sure to take the south exit from MCO rather than the north. It used to be pretty much a wash, but with the potential for slowdowns on I-4, avoiding it makes sense if you can.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter