Best room at DVC resorts?

DianaMB333

DIS Veteran
DVC Silver
Hi

Which room/resort do you consider a must at least once

I am thinking Jambo house-concierge level; maybe the bungalows?

thanks

We did a GV at AKV Jambo once and a GV at HHI once. The AKV Jambo had a pool table in the villa. We only had 2 nights in it so we didn't get great use of it but it was nice. The one (of like 4 or 6) that we got was a HA one with a crappy view of the flamingos and pool. The flamingos were VERY noisy and stinky. But the villa and resort are lovely. Would prefer one in a different location though. The HHI GV we had for like 4 nights over NYE once. It was also really sweet. They have a wood burning fireplace and provide you the wood for free. It really made the NYE trip since it was too cold for the beach. Downside is they are the top 2 floors of a building (3 floor buildings at HHI and no elevators in them...where the GVs are). So it was quite something to lug all our junk up and down all those stairs. And then a ways to the parking lot. But we had a killer marsh view.

I have always wanted to do the club level. Actually had it booked for 2 nights during our end of May trip that got cancelled...boo. The Poly bungalows, my niece stayed in one and said the toilets flush super duper loudly (I guess to pump it out and onto land) and would wake her through the night (she stayed with like 5 other college girls). She wasn't wowed by it. Now the CCV cabins...those I wanna try with the hot tub and 2 sided fireplace. And would also like to try a Treehouse villa one time.

I would say, if we won a free DVC trip in any unit for a week I would pick a CCV cabin.

VGF GV is quite possibly the most luxurious room in DVC. Did you know that there’s a steam shower in the master bathroom? And bathrobes in each bedroom, just like club level.

But, I have yet to stay in a RIV GV. It could be equally as impressive.

OKW Grand Villas are incredible. We've entertained friends and family three times and they have never stopped talking about it!

3 bedroom grand villas at RIV are friggen amazing. It was like a NYC presidential apartment. Amazing.

We have stayed in GV's at SSR, OKW, BLT, BWV, VB - Beach cottage, and Aulani. Only one I didn't care for was SSR, we spend alot of time on the balcony and SSR's is tiny, can hold 2-4 people.

I want to try the VGF GV. I'm trying to plan it out with my extended family. The other place I want to try is the cabin at CCV.

The GV at Vero is fantastic.

For privacy and luxury, copper Creek cabins. While most villas feel like private apartments, the cabins feel like your own house. If I could buy one instead of a golden oak house, I would.

For straight luxury, gfv gv or riv gv. To be honest most GV are amazing, and it really depends on your taste in aesthetics

I've never stayed at poly bungalows, but have talked to people who have stayed at both cabins and bungalows, and most people agree that the cabins are much superior.

I love reading everyone’s experiences. I am going to try to snag a VB cottage next year in late August. Thanks for sharing.

No bungalows. Too small and crowded and too many convertible beds (one real king, one real queen, the rest are murphys or sleeper sofas). The water is too dark, not clean and clear like the Gulf or Mexico or some tropical island. Jambo House Concierge are just converted hotel rooms. They are all lockoffs, so again, not enough real beds.

I'd go for a Copper Creek Cabin.

I loved 5047 in BWV, it's a single floor GV. Lots of balcony space to go out and watch the Boardwalk and fireworks over at EPCOT.

We were lucky to stay in a GV at VGF after they first opened, a Copper Creek Cabin, and a bungalow at The Polynesian. All of the stays were incredible. My sister's family stayed in the GV at GF with us, and so that trip was extra special. It was definitely nice to have beds for everyone, too. We had a upper floor, and it looked out over the family pool.
My family preferred the cabin stay over the bungalow; but both places were stunning. The cabin's overall theme was just beautiful, and our stay there was very relaxing and private.

Any GV is going to be sweet, some are more grand than others. The new RIV GV is marvelous (though I'm not really a fan of RIV overall). The GV at the Grand Californian is superb--we had excellent views of CA. We've gotten into the Copper Creek cabins a couple of times to look around, and they are gorgeous. We've been in seven different concierge level rooms, and none of them are much more than an upgraded, albeit large, hotel rooms with a small buffet down the hall. Nice? Yes. Exceptional? Not quite.

VGF GV is quite possibly the most luxurious room in DVC. Did you know that there’s a steam shower in the master bathroom? And bathrobes in each bedroom, just like club level.

Didn't know that about the steam shower! What a fun add on!

The bathrobes are my pet peeve of Disney. Poly is like $700/night and has no bathrobes. In what "deluxe" hotel do you not even have a bathrobe? It's the primary goal of my Owner's Locker.

My dream room is the cabins. I bought into DVC for the purpose of being able to take my parents and kids to the cabin in a few years.

But, I have yet to stay in a RIV GV. It could be equally as impressive.
The steam shower is worth the price of admission!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter