Best restaurants at Shanghai Disney and Disneytown

KateDrake

DIS Veteran
Hey all!

Looking for some recommendations for where to eat when we visit Shanghai Disney. We'll probably doing quick service in the park, and then either a quick service or table service place in Disneytown. Any suggestions?

I'm also trying to figure out where to get the cute steamed buns shaped like Mickey and Minnie I have seen in photos. They don't seem to be showing up on the app. Anyone know where we can find those? I believe the Mickey one is pork and the Minnie is red bean paste, if that helps at all.

Thank you!!!

If you like ramen, Ippudo in Disneytown is pretty good. Food Republic is a popular food court in Asia, you might want to check that out. I can't find out where the Mickey shaped steamed bun is

Inside the park, Tangled Tree Tavern was our clear favourite. Probably the only restaurant I would recommend.

We didn't enjoy the Wandering Moon Teahouse or Tribal Table. Captain Jack's / Barbossa's Bounty has good theming, being within the Pirates ride, but we found the food to be pretty terrible like the previously mentioned restaurants.

In Disneytown, we did the Cheesecake Factory (it was a novelty for us as we're not American) and the serving sizes were awesome. We also ate at Xin Wang which was good, but no-one spoke English which made ordering a little challenging.

Hey all!

Looking for some recommendations for where to eat when we visit Shanghai Disney. We'll probably doing quick service in the park, and then either a quick service or table service place in Disneytown. Any suggestions?

I'm also trying to figure out where to get the cute steamed buns shaped like Mickey and Minnie I have seen in photos. They don't seem to be showing up on the app. Anyone know where we can find those? I believe the Mickey one is pork and the Minnie is red bean paste, if that helps at all.

Thank you!!!

We're currently at SHDR winding down at the Toy Story hotel after a day in the parks. Unfortunately, I don't think there are steamed buns in this park. I took a glance at most of the restaurant menus and food looks today and didn't see any.

I think it might be HKDL Crystal Lotus dimsum that has the steamed buns.

In terms of restaurants, everything here is counter service with the exception of The Royal Banquet Hall in the castle which requires a reservation and serves a 2 or 3 course character meal.

We have enjoyed all of our meals this far. But recommending things is hard and depends on your preference. Ordering is easy as you can just point to a sheet with the photo even if the cast member does speak much English.

I've been slowly posting things to my Instagram if you'd like to follow along. @omnomdisney

All restaurants will serve a variety of things and will have photos at the entrances. The dishes are all listed in the app with th exception of seasonal things.

Meal combos are typically around 100 RMB and come with a drink. Snacks from the kiosks are around 30-45 RMB.

I echo above. We didn't enjoy the Wandering Moon either. Meat skewers were cold and the meal was expensive for what we got. In fact we were still hungry afterwards that we went to Remy’s Patisserie in Mickey Avenue for cake. There they also sold sandwiches which we wished we known about beforehand.

In Disneytown, we did the Cheesecake Factory also and had a lovely meal although the starter came out with the main course.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!