Best restaurant for arrival day (unsure of arrival time)

minnie1012

DIS Veteran
This is our first time in Universal in about 18 years. We are driving from NJ in July and are only there for a few days. I wanted to try one of the restaurants rather than just grab a quick bite since our time there is limited. I have 2 girls, 14 & 9 with food allergies. With the horrible traffic on 95, then I have one that gets car sick and the other one has stomach issues I'm not sure what time we will be arriving. Where is the best place to eat either with no reservation or a last minute one a few hours before? We are staying at Cabana Bay.

The food court right there at Cabana Bay has a lot of options, and would be easiest if you’re worn from travel.

You really don’t need a reservation for anything in Citywalk, and at most you might need to wait 20 minutes or so for a table if it’s right at peak dinner time. There are tons of options. Hard Rock might be a fun way for your kids to kick off vacation. Margaritaville or Toothsomes would also be fun places to not miss.

We have made that I-95 drive from NJ at least 7 times in our life so far. I am now numb to it, lol. Anyway, if you are trying to arrive in the afternoon or evening, you can check in first and go to the onsite 'diner' to get a decent meal of u-pick-em food on a cafeteria tray. Don't worry, though, it is rather good!

Or you can get the bus to City Walk. Takes 5-10 minutes. I recommend this because it lets you feel like 'vacation has started!'

Once there, you have a choice of dozens of restaurants. You won't need rezzies, you might have to wait a few minutes for the more popular ones. And you and the kids can make informed decisions about allergies and ethnicity. Best yet, once at CW, you can explore and get acquainted with the layout for your theme park adventure the next day.

You really don’t need a reservation for anything in Citywalk, and at most you might need to wait 20 minutes or so for a table if it’s right at peak dinner time. There are tons of options. Hard Rock might be a fun way for your kids to kick off vacation. Margaritaville or Toothsomes would also be fun places to not miss.
Wow that's great! I'm not used to that all. I feel like we have to wait at restaurants at home too! We tried to go to Margaritaville in Myrtle Beach and there was a 2 hour wait! Thanks

We have made that I-95 drive from NJ at least 7 times in our life so far. I am now numb to it, lol. Anyway, if you are trying to arrive in the afternoon or evening, you can check in first and go to the onsite 'diner' to get a decent meal of u-pick-em food on a cafeteria tray. Don't worry, though, it is rather good!

Or you can get the bus to City Walk. Takes 5-10 minutes. I recommend this because it lets you feel like 'vacation has started!'

Once there, you have a choice of dozens of restaurants. You won't need rezzies, you might have to wait a few minutes for the more popular ones. And you and the kids can make informed decisions about allergies and ethnicity. Best yet, once at CW, you can explore and get acquainted with the layout for your theme park adventure the next day.

Thanks! We flew last time and while I hate to fly the thought of the long ride isn't that appealing! lol I hope traffic isn't too bad and we get there at a decent time! I like the feeling on vacation right away feeling! Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!