Best Resort for Two Families?

blackwo1

Earning My Ears
Hi, we are travelling as a group with two families of 4 (2 adults, 2 kids each). We would like to stay together or in separate rooms with a common space we can use at night when kiddos are in bed. Same group went a couple years ago and that was the one thing we were missing. I'm looking into a DVC rental with a shared balcony (Kidani at AK) or are there other options? I'd like to not spend a fortune. Or are we just better off staying off property? This is not preferred as we like the convenience, Disney bubble, etc.....
TIA!

I agree with @kaytieeldr Shared balconies are not a feature. The exception is at BC. THere are 5 rooms overlooking the driveway that share a large balcony. You could request it, but it is not guaranteed. 2 of those rooms would need to be vacant when you check in
Treehouse Villas are the most reasonable with 3 BRs. Good luck

A 2-bedroom could work if you are willing to shuffle two kids from the master to the sofa bed when the adults go to sleep.

Or they could put all the kids in the second bedroom, and one couple eventually sleeps in the living room.

How about first floor rooms with patios? We stayed at teh Poly and had the patio rooms. The space away a true added treat. I cannot rememebr if the patios were truely joined, however I do recall that we were able to monitor both rooms from either patio.

How about first floor rooms with patios? We stayed at teh Poly and had the patio rooms. The space away a true added treat. I cannot rememebr if the patios were truely joined, however I do recall that we were able to monitor both rooms from either patio.
Patios usually have shrubbery around them do you can't leave the area or walk yo another area from the patio.

Patios usually have shrubbery around them do you can't leave the area or walk yo another area from the patio.

Yeah, I could not remember the exact configuration. We used the patios, but I was not sure of the sightline.

Hi, we are travelling as a group with two families of 4 (2 adults, 2 kids each). We would like to stay together or in separate rooms with a common space we can use at night when kiddos are in bed. Same group went a couple years ago and that was the one thing we were missing. I'm looking into a DVC rental with a shared balcony (Kidani at AK) or are there other options? I'd like to not spend a fortune. Or are we just better off staying off property? This is not preferred as we like the convenience, Disney bubble, etc.....
TIA!
DVC studios don’t have shared balconies and only the Poly has studios that connect to one another. Once you move up from studios, it begins to get pricey.

Your options are limited for 8 people. The DVC 2BR villas would accommodate 8 people. Some have a 3rd bathroom but all of them have a full kitchen.

The treehouses have 3 bedrooms, one of which has bunk beds. They have two baths, a full kitchen and a good size private deck. The treehouses run around the same number of points as a preferred location 2BR at SSR. The setup is a little easier for bedtime...unless it rains. The decks are not covered.

Another option is a grand villa, which has 3 bedrooms and 3 baths (4 at VGF). But the cost to rent one is ridiculously high.

My 1st thought is also the Treehouses are SSR - that's a lot of room though for your group.

I'd recommend either a 1 brdm at OKW for one family ( these have a very large balcony ) and a studio for the other. Or a 2 bedroom at any of the DVC for one family and a studio for the other.

If you want to look at offsite options, I'd say look at the Doubletree Guest Suites at DS. For nights you want to get together the kids could crash in the bedroom and the adults could hang in the living room. Some of these also have patios.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter