Best resort breakfast

For two adults, DH and I love The Wave, Ale & Compass, Rix Cafe at Coronado Springs, brunch at Raglan Road (not a resort, I know, but it’s great - and only Saturday and Sunday), and Kona. I really like Boma but DH doesn’t like buffets much. Our visit to Whispering Canyon in Dec was just meh. The character meal at Trattoria with Rapunzel and others was good food and great for one time but not a repeat for us.

My favorite resort breakfast is GF cafe. One time we sat by the windows and they were planting flowers around the resort watching them was so fun and to see the begining and end was cool. they worked so fast.

Kona
The Wave although the buffet is limited.
Olivia's
Boma

Been there won't go back:
Cape May Cafe
GF Cafe
Ohana

We love Kona too.....but for some reason I cannot get any availability for the end of August or more specifically Sept 3rd. Is it just me? I really want that Tonga Toast with strawberry sauce....and a pressed pot of coffee.....I know I can get Tonga Toast downstairs at Capt Cook but geesh, I love that strawberry sauce!

Everything is hard to get during that time I think because of the new Star Wars opening... try calling. We have better luck that way.

I really enjoy Ale & Compass (at the Yacht Club resort). It’s pretty low-key and quiet but delicious. And an easy walk or boat to Epcot or Hollywood Studios afterward.

Grand Floridian Cafe - Love their eggs benedict. Some of the best I've had ever.

Honorable Mention to Olivia's at OKW. Wonderful place with a nice assortment to choose from.

We don't care for buffets much. Boma is an exception. It's fantastic for breakfast and dinner.

We have done Cape May, The Wave, GF Cafe and Kona Cafe with Kona as our favorite.

Hands down it is the Cali Grill Sunday brunch. But that is pricey and I wouldn't want to do it all the time.

Then the next best is Boma. It's AWESOME!!!

Been to:
Ohana- meh
Olivias- meh
1900 Park Fare- better than meh but not awesome
Whispering Canyon- decent
Captains Grill (now Ale and Compass)- good and awesome price
Cindi's Castle- NOT WORTH THE PRICE

We like Wave (I do not order the buffet - I like their menu items instead), Ale & Compass, GF Cafe, Olivia's, and brunch at Homecomin' (weekends only).

We will not return to Trail's End and would only bother with Boma, Kona, or Whispering Canyon if the location worked better for some reason.

We don't do character meals.

We always have breakfast on our last day at Kona Cafe in the Poly. Also, if you want something quick, you cannot beat the beignets at POFQ!

You can also eat in a quieter dining room without the characters, if you're not interested in them. This is walk-up only though.
Yes, Trattoria al Forno serves a la carte breakfast in the back room and outside on the Boardwalk at about 60% the price of the character meal experience.

My favorite breakfast is Boma. I do want to try the Wave at some point. Kona is also good.

We love Kona too.....but for some reason I cannot get any availability for the end of August or more specifically Sept 3rd. Is it just me? I really want that Tonga Toast with strawberry sauce....and a pressed pot of coffee.....I know I can get Tonga Toast downstairs at Capt Cook but geesh, I love that strawberry sauce!

I just checked on the MDE app and selected September 3rd for reservations during breakfast and it gave me plenty of availability for Kona.
7:30, 7:45, 8:00, 8:15, 9:00, 9:20, etc.

Maybe your app was malfunctioning or something?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter