Best Pools at WDW?

Raya

DIS Veteran
For the first time our trip includes two 'pool' days. What are the best pools at Disney - say the top ten? We're an older family so pools, not water play areas. Storm Along Bay at YC & BC is the only one I can think of as being really *wow*. The look of CBR is pretty but the pool itself doesn't seem to have any cool features. Other suggestions?

Opinions are going to really vary on this. I love Storm Along Bay at YC/BC but others have indicated the difficulty of keeping an eye on your children there. Every pool has it's pros and cons. It really depends on what the criteria are.

Our favorite is Boardwalk, THE best slide on property.

Good to know!!! Staying next year first time. :)

So we liked Stormalong-Bay, Poly pool seems very small in comparison.

One we haven't tried but would love to is the one at Coronado Springs, looks beautiful!
I think the AK ones look nice too.

I assume you're asking because it will help you decide where to stay? What features are you looking for specifically? Slides/water activity, atmosphere, noise level, bar/restaurant nearby?

I assume you're asking because it will help you decide where to stay? What features are you looking for specifically? Slides/water activity, atmosphere, noise level, bar/restaurant nearby?
Good question!
Atmosphere - not just a hole in the ground with water in it.
Availability of chairs, as we once had an altercation with someone at a Disney pool (they took a chair in the back row and became aggressive when we took a seat in front of them, ultimately threatening violence if all the chairs between them and their kids in the pool weren't left empty).
Shade-y spot (we're not great with the sun, which is why pools aren't something we're familiar with)
Someone to bring us fruity drinks (literally, no one drinks so having access to non-alcoholic drinks that aren't soda is a nice perk)

We’ve stayed at all of the moderate and deluxe level resorts. Our favorite pools are at storm along bay, jambo house, bay lake tower, Polynesian, grand Floridian and the quiet pool at boardwalk.

You will have trouble finding chairs and shade at all of them unless you are out there first thing in the morning.

Good question!
Atmosphere - not just a hole in the ground with water in it.
Availability of chairs, as we once had an altercation with someone at a Disney pool (they took a chair in the back row and became aggressive when we took a seat in front of them, ultimately threatening violence if all the chairs between them and their kids in the pool weren't left empty).
Shade-y spot (we're not great with the sun, which is why pools aren't something we're familiar with)
Someone to bring us fruity drinks (literally, no one drinks so having access to non-alcoholic drinks that aren't soda is a nice perk)
Have you considered WL? The Boulder Ridge Cove Pool (the quite pool) does have shaded structures that are on a first come first served basis (See this link for photo: https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...rmation-thread.3372315/page-497#post-60392130). Also with the two pools being about a 5 minute walk (if that even) from each other I think you'd find seating to be prevalent than other resorts.

I don't think they have a person that walk around to get you drinks. However, right outside the main pool area there is Geyser Point which is a very nice outside dining venue that is QS with TS atmosphere. It does have a sit down section and a walk-up window (hence the blend between QS/TS) and does offer non-alcoholic drinks.

POR..Old man island pool.....or POFQ but We dont worry to much about the pools..99% of time is in the parks. When we want a pool day..we goto T.L. Best wave pool around!

Last edited:
You will have trouble finding chairs and shade at all of them unless you are out there first thing in the morning.

So since we're not going to be out there first thing in the morning (DAH the night before), should we rent a cabana? I know only some pools have them...so maybe that's a deciding factor.

Every deluxe resort (except Contemporary) is going to have an attractive pool. Stormalong, Kidani and Grand Floridian are our favorites. Polynesian can be very loud with lots of kiddos

The most "unique" Pools are at the Values!

A Pool shaped like a Guitar.

A Pool shaped like a Bowling Pin.

Pretty amazing.:)

I liked both pools at Grand Floridian. The Animal Kingdom Lodge pool at Jambo House was really big and nice. I personally didn't like the one at Beach Club. The lazy river moved really fast and I didn't like the sand on the bottom of the pool or having to go outside the pool area to go on the slide. I really liked the Boardwalk pool, it wasn't crowded at all and the slide was really great.

I love saratoga springs main pool. One big slide and one smaller one. Zero entry area. Splash area with Donald duck. Shaded and sunny areas. Lots of seating. Hot tub and pool bar. Plus their paddock pool is awesome with another big slide and a more elaborate kids splash pad.

Typhoon Lagoon! lol Seriously though, we are not huge pool people, so we stayed at the Contemporary for its amazing location. But after a few water park visits, I had to question if that is a true statement. Maybe I really am a pool person (cause I LOVED Typhoon Lagoon).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter