best Poly DVC studio standard view location?

daisyx3

DIS Veteran
I have a BLT studio for the night before our cruise at the end of May. We are doing the villains after hours party that night so I wanted a monorail review. I am thinking of switching it to a Polynesian standard view studio--the day I booked it was not open but now it is. We have stayed twice in the lake view, so I am looking for guidance as to which standard view building has the most tropical type view. Would it just be the non-lake side of Moorea? (and yes I know requests aren't guaranteed, etc.)

The non lake side of Moorea is where we have stayed a couple times. Poly is our home. Nice view with best location to TTC. Especially after Villains night as the monorail won’t be running at the end. Had to take the boat to TTC.

The non lake side of Moorea is where we have stayed a couple times. Poly is our home. Nice view with best location to TTC. Especially after Villains night as the monorail won’t be running at the end. Had to take the boat to TTC.
That's useful info! I was OK with BLT as I knew we could just walk back, but didn't know the monorail wouldn't be running at the end. We will get to the resort at about 11 and DH just loves the Poly, so I thought it would be a more relaxing day before the party and a more relaxing morning before we go to the port.

I always request Tokelau, since it is a more central location and ALL views look out over a courtyard or common grounds. It is also next to the secondary pool and a shorter walk to the Grand Ceremonial House, Food court, Restaurants and Monorail. Though it is a longer walk to the ferry and to the Ticket and Transportation Center to catch the EPCOT monorail. By being a bit farther from the Ferry, the loud ferry horn is noticeably less bothersome.

If you get an upper floor (3rd flood) you can see a bit better our over the common area and you will have a balcony, but if you get a ground floor, you can just walk out onto the grounds. Tokelau does NOT have laundry facilities. Those are in Moorea for DVC members.

Moorea third floor was where we were with Lake view and it was excellent; as close as you can get to ttc and perfect view of MK if you're looking for that.

Yup, Tokelau, upper floor. Been lucky a couple of times and gotten a room at the lagoon end with a lovely view of MK fireworks. :love:

We had Tokelau first floor and enjoyed having the walk-out lawn. Some buildings are "further away" from TTC, GCH, etc, but the resort is overall pretty small so that is not a really big concern to us.

We’re in the same situation, I would just ask for ground floor except that I don’t want to be in Pago Pago. I wonder if you can request ground floor and anything but Pago Pago! Last time we had a lagoon view and DGS could watch fireworks from his little bunk on the nights we turned in early.

I requested Tokelau First Floor and thats what I got. If you email in a request they can put a specific building in there. Of course its not guaranteed.

Non lake side of Moorea.
North side of Pago Pago
East side of Tokelau.

West side of Tokelau is the quite pool.
lake side of Moorea is, well, lake view
South Side of Pago Pago is the parking lot (worst)

My first choice would be Moorea, but really all three of the top list overlook the same area.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!