Best place to stay and advice with ECV?

ireland_nicole

<font color=green>No brainer- the fairy wins it<br
Hi- I am part of a massive disney crazed family. We actually moved to Florida when I was in middle school to be closer to Disney (West Palm Beach was a lot closer than Chicago LOL). Anyhow, to make a long story short my mom passed away last year and dads health has pretty steeply declined. I went with him to WDW in October for a "bucket list" trip for a week. It was bittersweet, for sure, but he really enjoyed it. After a series of small strokes and rehab, he's actually a bit stronger for the moment and his parkinsons and other issues seem to have stabilized slightly. He's only been to DLR once and barely remembers it (It was 1975 on his honeymoon - they left me at home if you can believe it). I have been researching for him and I'm thinking the end of April might be a great time to go. Good flights into long beach (which I'm told is good for transportation) and pretty low crowds. We're planning to arrive monday and leave Friday as I remember from my trip 2 years ago that weekends were a lot more crowded. My main question is that he uses a scooter, and does need to take a nap during the day. What hotel either off or on property would be best for this? And is there anything else I should be thinking of? Thanks in advance!

HoJo's is an 8 min walk from the gates. If you reserve a room in building 1 it has an elevator. I'm not sure if you can guarantee a 1st floor room for the other buildings as I don't think there are elevators in those buildings (but I could be wrong - we've always stayed in building 1). Prices are moderate - about 1/3 the cost of staying on site but there are other properties which are less expensive but I'm not sure how scooter friendly they are.

We stayed at the Camelot Inn last week. They have a scooter rental place on the first floor, just behind the hotel office. If you stay there, you could reserve and pick up a scooter right there. The first floor would be convenient, but the elevator always worked well for us, so a high floor should also work. The walk to and from the main gate was very quick. Unless you stay at the Grand Californian, the onsite hotels will be more of a walk than those that are directly across Harbor.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter