Best place for illuminations

Rose and Crown if you want a guaranteed view (patio seating or viewing area for inside diners). No other restaurant will guarantee you a view of Illuminations.

As Moliphino wrote, the only restaurant where you can view IllumiNations is Rose & Crown. Many tables on the patio have a view, but for those who are seated inside or at a patio table without a view, the restaurant has a dedicated viewing area adjacent to the patio exclusively for its diners. Just let your server know you want to see IllumiNations and you'll be shown to the viewing area.

La Hacienda and Spice Road have some tables have a good view, but many tables will have a limited or obstructed view or no view at all. At the rest of the TS restaurants some might have a handful of tables with a partial view, but not enough to be considered a place to make a reservation with the plan of seeing IllumiNations.

There is no restaurant that will guarantee that you'll be able to see the fireworks while sitting at your table because pretty much everyone asks for a table with a fireworks view and there aren't enough to accommodate everyone.

If seeing IllumiNations is more important, plan to dine early enough to finish, then go outside and find a spot around Showcase Lagoon. Or choose a restaurant because you want to dine there and if you are seated at a good table, consider it pixie dust.

I never try to book a meal that includes a view of Illuminations. I find it preferable to book dinner where we want to eat, and then find a spot outside to see the display. I think there is too much left to chance otherwise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter