Best place (and price) to get snorkel gear?

jerseygirlmk

Mouseketeer
Hello!! I am leaving for Aulani in a few weeks! I am searching for a snorkel set for my teen boy. Any suggestions? Thank you in advance!

The sets at Costco come with a dry snorkel and fins. They're maybe $40 (don't remember exactly). If you just want something cheap to try out, the ABC stores have a mask and snorkel (not dry snorkel - it's basically just a tube) for $7.99. The Island Country Market (same company as ABC stores) across the street from Aulani probably has those.

We got our's right at the Target near Aulani...3 trips later and they're still going strong. I forget the exact set we have, but I know it's Speedo brand. IIRC, they cost us about $30-$40 each. Well worth it!

If you don't want to transport it buy it there. Costco is a few miles from the resort. I went to a pretty good snorkel spot just off the Aulani property to the north of the resort. The lagoon in front of the resort is pretty murky all three times i went in to snorkel.

If you don't want to transport it buy it there. Costco is a few miles from the resort. I went to a pretty good snorkel spot just off the Aulani property to the north of the resort. The lagoon in front of the resort is pretty murky all three times i went in to snorkel.

Depends where in the lagoon you are. The further out towards the rocks, the clearer it gets. We've been 3 times for over 7 weeks combined and we've had some fantastic snorkeling right there in the lagoon. Just gotta find the right areas. Sorry to hear you didn't have the same experience though. Maybe next time!

We bought snorkel and mask sets in mesh bags from an ABC store on Waikiki (Island Country Market across from Aulani had the same ones). They were 2 for $20 and worked fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!